Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
jtange
jtange began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
HELP - kindle owner in Denmark, Europe can't buy books for kindle2

Hello
I finally got a kindle as a present from the US and I couldn't wait to buy books at amazon/kindle - but no - you need a credit card issued in US and it seems europeans can't buy books there. So I tried other sites ... what am I to do? I don't understand all the formats and software. Im not trying to cheat, but do anyone know where I can buy books and how I can read them on my kindle?
Thanks
jtange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtange View Post
Hello
I finally got a kindle as a present from the US and I couldn't wait to buy books at amazon/kindle - but no - you need a credit card issued in US and it seems europeans can't buy books there. So I tried other sites ... what am I to do? I don't understand all the formats and software. Im not trying to cheat, but do anyone know where I can buy books and how I can read them on my kindle?
Thanks
Open a second account for your Kindle. Buy Amazon gift cards on your main account and apply them to your second Amazon.com account. You can now buy Kindle books and the price will be deducted from the gift card balance.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And the Kindle will also read books in Mobipocket format. So check out other eBook stores.
Meanwhile, do take a loook at out free book upload section. Go to the blue bar toward the top of the page and click on Ebooks.
And welcome to the forum, JTange!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Along with our own outstandingly formatted ebooks , check out

www.feedbooks.com
www.mnybks.net

And I'm sure others will post more links to free, excellent booksites. You won't find the latest best sellers, but you'll find great books.

Let us know when you are finally able to download books from Amazon. PilotBobs advice is excellent.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
And the Kindle will also read books in Mobipocket format.
It will, but just so there is no confusion, it will read Mobipocket books without DRM. You need to remove the DRM from any DRM'd Mobi book for it to work.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
Dharmabum
Enthusiast
Dharmabum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Paper White
Yep, good advice above. I'm a K2 owner living in Korea. Get the mobi format public domain books from feedbooks and use a gift card for Amazon books.

For the gift card: Use a different email address for the 2nd account and don't attach any credit card to that account. You can't subscribe to magazines/newspapers using this method, but you can buy books and individual issues of magazines.

On a side note. Is there a way to sample books from outside the U.S.? I tried that and it cues up the sample for wireless delivery, but I couldn't find a way to physically download it to my computer.
Dharmabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmabum View Post
On a side note. Is there a way to sample books from outside the U.S.? I tried that and it cues up the sample for wireless delivery, but I couldn't find a way to physically download it to my computer.
You can get samples from Mobipocket.com, Amazon's samples only work with Whispernet. The samples there have no DRM, so that's not an issue, and are generally the same samples Amazon has. Of course you don't want to buy books from Mobi.com, just get samples there.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Dharmabum
Enthusiast
Dharmabum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Paper White
Thanks AO
Dharmabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmabum View Post

iPhone/iPod.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle europe