Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
sirhunter2010
sirhunter2010 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sirhunter2010 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sirhunter2010 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Exclamation Canada and/or CBC Embracing eBooks Article

This is a somewhat interesting article that I just stumbled across.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2...k-readers.html
sirhunter2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
The article begins with the scene of a book editor reading manuscripts (NOT PUBLISHED BOOKS) on a digital reader. It's not an indication of an embrace of published digital books but rather embracing a new workflow where instead of requiring authors to submit paper manuscripts (which means this is on the route down to publication if it ever gets there) they request authors to submit digital versions.

I don't know about book editors for popular fiction and nonfiction but in the academic world, we have for a long time been submitting electronic manuscripts to publishers and not paper manuscripts. And by long time, I mean LONG time. We submit in electronic format, journal articles for submission and review, and also book manuscripts for review. We rarely ever exchange actual papers.

Is this really that new for the non-academic publishing world? I can't imagine so since the academic publishing world tends to be a little slower in innovation than the non-academic publishing world--or at least I imagine so.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert