Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
rltedford
rltedford began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle 2

I downloaded some MP 3 files I went to the experimental page to access Play MB3 I cannot get the 5 way line to move down to play MP3. I tried to turn the Kindle on and off I reset the Kindle, My wife has a Kindle 2 it is doing the samething. I read Amazon web page no help.
rltedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Did you make sure you added the MP3s to the "music" folder on your Kindle?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
rltedford

what does that have to do with the 5 way not responding i will double check but it must be something else thanks
Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
From you KIndle guide (if these instructions don't work, call the Kindle support number.........24/7)

BACKGROUND MUSIC
If you like to listen to music while you use your Kindle, use your computer to transfer
MP3 files to the “music” folder on your Kindle. When you select “Play MP3” from
the Experimental page, each of the songs will play in the order they were added to to you kindle.

TRANSFERRING MP3s
You can transfer your MP3 files to Kindle by copying them to the “music” folder on
your Kindle over USB. For more information on connecting your computer over USB,
see Making the Connection earlier in this chapter.
Kindle only supports MP3 audio files; AAC, WAV and other music file formats are
not supported.
To transfer MP3s to your Kindle, follow these steps:
1. Connect your Kindle to your computer, using the USB cable that came with
the device.
2. Your Kindle should appear on your computer in the same location you would
normally find an external USB drive.
3. Open your Kindle. You should see a folder entitled “music.” Drag any MP3s you’d
like to play on your Kindle, into this folder.
4. Using your computer, un-mount your Kindle from your computer.
For more information on playing background music, see Chapter 3.
Tip: While there is no limit to the number of MP3 files and audiobooks that you
can transfer to your Kindle, keep in mind that these files are larger, and space may limited.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
rltedford

the 5 way line is at Basic web and wont move down to play MP 3
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltedford View Post
the 5 way line is at Basic web and wont move down to play MP 3
Go here. On the righthand side is a "contact us" button. You sign into your account, enter your phone number and

they will call you back very quickly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470
Old 06-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
what does that have to do with the 5 way not responding i will double check but it must be something else thanks
I'm thinking that if the music is in the wrong place, the joy stick won't respond. If they are in the correct place, I don't know. I don't use my Kindle for music, so I'm guessing.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

The directions on the Experimental page say to hold down the ALT key and press the spacebar to stop or play, or the "F" key to skip to the next track.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If the Kindle does not detect usable MP3 files, the option will not be accessible.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
rltedford

I ve tried everything so far the MP3 flies are there and they play fine on my computer. Still the line should move up and or down to access text to speech Basic web and Play MP3 IT DOESNT MOVE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I ve tried everything so far the MP3 flies are there and they play fine on my computer. Still the line should move up and or down to access text to speech Basic web and Play MP3 IT DOESNT MOVE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Riteford, have you called customer support? They can walk you thru this.....IF it is defective they will get you a new one.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Are they DRM'ed MP3s? Just because they work on your computer doesn't mean they are guaranteed to work on the Kindle (if for example you are using Rhapsody or Zune Pass)

Where did you get them from and what format are they in?

I imagine Susan hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
If the Kindle does not detect usable MP3 files, the option will not be accessible.

Last edited by Sporadic; 06-06-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
That screen confuses a lot of people.

1. You can only move the line down to play mp3 if you actually have valid MP3s in your music folder.

2. You can NEVER move it down to text to speech. You access that within a book via the Aa font key.

Since you say the music files are actually in the directly, chances are even though they are labeled MP3, they are not actually in MP3 format. You will need to use a program on your computer to convert those files into MP3 format; unfortunately that's different depending on your computer.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

wonder if we helped him at all.....
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #15
rltedford

Yes susan and sirbruce are correct i downloaded some amazon mp3 files and they worked. Live and learn thank you all text to speech works also again thank you.