Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #76
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I dislike stereotypes and don't play games. I gues that means I'm me.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #77
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
To harken back to the T & J bit-- Was anyone offended when they sanitise the voice of the maid? Whoever that actress was, whether she was white or black, she did a job, & then someone decides--for whichever reason--that she's not good enough and we need for our kids to hear a big black lady who sounds like a Stepford Wife chastise an antagonistic cat.
Harrumph!

@ MArk: Yes, I have tentacles. You don't. U R A pHrEak!

Dr. Who scripts crossed with G & S melodies remind me that I need to see "Hamlet 2" this weekend.

Mmmm.....Sexy Jesus--the best kind.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 AM   #78
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
But they all sing this tune:

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?...
In Liverpool, UK, there was a sign for the 'Mersey Docks and Harbour Board' and someone graffitied 'and little lambs eat ivy' underneath.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:09 AM   #79
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
@ MArk:
~ahem~ It's "Marc", with a c, with a sea, the sea, and a man can go down to the sea and not come back...

Quote:
Yes, I have tentacles. You don't. U R A pHrEak!
~sniff~ Thank-you mighty Cthulhu. I am quite touched (all over, but especially in the head).

Quote:
Mmmm.....Sexy Jesus--the best kind.
Jerry Springer, The Opera was kind of...disturbing. JC in a nappy: not the best kind. We do have a large, limited edition framed print of an image from David Hart's Christ Series. It's called "The Flogging", and "sexy" may come into it, since the Loved One keeps trying to tell me it's homoerotic...which is disturbing. It's a very beautiful picture though...Roman Catholic sensibilities - even in an atheist ex-RC like myself - definitely assist in its appreciation.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #80
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
In Liverpool, UK, there was a sign for the 'Mersey Docks and Harbour Board' and someone graffitied 'and little lambs eat ivy' underneath.
hee !

i don't suppose a photo is available ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #81
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
To harken back to the T & J bit-- Was anyone offended when they sanitise the voice of the maid? Whoever that actress was, whether she was white or black, she did a job, & then someone decides--for whichever reason--that she's not good enough and we need for our kids to hear a big black lady who sounds like a Stepford Wife chastise an antagonistic cat.
Harrumph!
Hmm... I guess I haven't seen T&J for awhile, I don't remember hearing them actually change the maid's (also sometimes the lady of the house's) voice. I do remember times when the lady of the house was clearly white (excuse me: distinctly European of caste) and had a 50's-typical voice, not Stepford, but Soap-commercial.

Tom was apparently owned by a whole horde of women, until they got fed up with his repeatedly trashing the house chasing one mouse and threw him out!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #82
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Now thats funny!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #83
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
There was a sign near a UK ferry terminal, reading, "Harwich for the Continent."
Someone added, "Paris for the incontinent."
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #84
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Yes, they did "fix" T&J for a PC world for TV. They also "fixed" The Little Rascals and a number of them have been withdrawn from television distribution. At least the LR "fixes" were removed and the originals preserved in the recent DVD releases.

Me, I'm beside myself.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #85
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Yes, they did "fix" T&J for a PC world for TV. They also "fixed" The Little Rascals and a number of them have been withdrawn from television distribution. At least the LR "fixes" were removed and the originals preserved in the recent DVD releases.

Me, I'm beside myself.
May a the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits and groins of the PC 'fixers'.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:00 AM   #86
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Never was a big Tom & Jerry fan.
The way I viewed that and Mighty Mouse was that the cats would win, and more importantly, should win. I mean, the mice are stealing from honest, hard working Ahmurrikhans, and the cats are performing a service. Capitalism in action. Then we have the no-goodnik bolshevik cartoonists who abuse our youth with propaganda about everyone being all nice and sharing....
I understand that dogs & cats are in their own little civil war, but for the dog to help the vermin that his master/mistress dislikes? What kind of pinko subversive dog was that Spike? Into BDSM, from the looks of him.

@ marC: Sorry G. Forgot that your strangitude has pervaded your very being down to your now perverted Xtian name.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #87
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
There was a sign near a UK ferry terminal, reading, "Harwich for the Continent."
Someone added, "Paris for the incontinent."
that would explain the distinctive odour of certain small alleys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
May a the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits and groins of the PC 'fixers'.....
note to self : do not make desertgrandma mad. she knows how to fling a curse.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #88
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
They wrecked the Bugs Bunny cartoons. Actually clipped out the violenter sections. Now, you can't even find them on TV at all. About a year ago, I ran across boxes and boxes of DVD's on the cash register junk displays at Walmart. They had DVD's of some of the older Looney Tunes, lots of Porky episodes. For a buck each!! I bought all of the various editions I could find. Nowadays, they have digitally animated cartoons about talking vegetables who teach you how to share. Oh yes, kids will cherish those cartoons long into their adulthood - NOT.

OK answer me this: Have kids gotten any less or more messed up since the day the cartoon violence died?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #89
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
<snip>

OK answer me this: Have kids gotten any less or more messed up since the day the cartoon violence died?
Well, they do hold deep philosophical discussions about washing their veggies with their lima beans rather than eat them. Where once we were expected to clean out plate before we could leave the table the kids today are allowed to express their own feelings and disregard Parents directions in favor of something they saw on TV. Once upon a time kids clammered for Twinkies, today they go on raw food diets.

It is like the person holding up a sign that says "Stop War" vs. reading All Quiet on the Western Front, the first is a directive without backing that may only make the holder feel better and perhaps snatch a few moments on TV while the latter will provide understanding and and an emotional base. The only problem is it takes time and involves an investment of self, something very lacking in many of today's young. (It is not confined to the young, they may grow out of it. It is also far reaching throughout the society.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #90
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I like typing random keys!!! lasjvoiadjvb dpovf bpaosf h;aDf ha;k efrg vargawrgc .ag bcnsdvh a;owryhv hajnb.sbcLvdbs/bscb
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness