Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
It turns itself off. Takes me 3 mins of holding the button down before it turn back On
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
I don't have the 5th generation Fire, but I did see someone post this On Deck info today:

To disable on deck:
1. From the Home screen, tap Video from category bar.
2. Tap Library, then tap the Menu icon or swipe in from the left edge of the screen.
3. Tap Settings, then tap the switch next to On Deck to turn it off.

Some time today my Fire 10 got the Updates Along with 10 On Deck TV shows !! for posting these guide to Stop On Deck!
Advert
Old 06-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Anyone know How to Stop e-books from going onto the SdCard?? Mines been doing this Before this update. I went into the Book Settings there No Off switch.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #19
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just received a Fire HD 6 generation 4 today. It is a used one, but the price was good. It has been a long time since I owned a Fire, or any Android device as far as that goes. I immediately checked Amazon support and it says the latest FW is 5.1.2.1. I went into System Updates and the device was on 4.5.x.x so I selected to install updates. For some reason it DLed and installed each subsequent update, so it took forever as it incrementally installed each update. When it got to 5.1.2 I thought it was done, but it found and installed 5.3.1.0. Seems kind of strange that their website lists the latest at 5.1.2.1 but apparently there is a 5.3.1.0 available.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-18-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #20
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I just received a Fire HD 6 generation 4 today. ...
I immediately checked Amazon support and it says the latest FW is 5.1.2.1. ...
When it got to 5.1.2 I thought it was done, but it found and installed 5.3.1.0. Seems kind of strange that their website lists the latest at 5.1.2.1 but apparently there is a 5.3.1.0 available.
Version 5.3.1 of Fire OS is now available from Amazon's download page for 4th and 5th generation Fire tablets.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 5.3.1 of Fire OS is now available from Amazon's download page for 4th and 5th generation Fire tablets.
Have that one since June 28th....
Old 07-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #22
jswinden
Nameless Being

I guess Amazon just doesn't update their Fire HD support pages very often. After all, 5.1.x.x is quite a ways below 5.3.x.x. Maybe they skipped 5.2.x.x, but I doubt it. So they must have let the FW update pages collect dust for quite a while.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-22-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #23
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
So 'encryption' is back. I think they promised this about 6 months ago.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #24
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I guess Amazon just doesn't update their Fire HD support pages very often. After all, 5.1.x.x is quite a ways below 5.3.x.x. Maybe they skipped 5.2.x.x, but I doubt it. So they must have let the FW update pages collect dust for quite a while.
I had an unnecessarily lengthy chat with Amazon support a couple of weeks ago and they assured me that the version I had on my Fire HD6 (5.1.2) was the latest available at that time, even though the updates page showed '5.1.2.1'. So there was no 5.2.x.x.

I also asked about 'Firefly' (music/video/scanner identifier app) which I used to have on 4.x but is not on my device now. They had no clue what it was and kept bouncing me between AppStore support and device support. Is there anyone here with an HD6 that still has it?
Old 07-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #25
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

But no Page Flip. Did Amazon ever enumerate which Fire devices were supposed to get this feature?
Old 07-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #26
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I had an unnecessarily lengthy chat with Amazon support a couple of weeks ago and they assured me that the version I had on my Fire HD6 (5.1.2) was the latest available at that time, even though the updates page showed '5.1.2.1'. So there was no 5.2.x.x.

I also asked about 'Firefly' (music/video/scanner identifier app) which I used to have on 4.x but is not on my device now. They had no clue what it was and kept bouncing me between AppStore support and device support. Is there anyone here with an HD6 that still has it?
Yes, it is on my HD 6.

And I wouldn't put much confidence on anything that any company's CS says. CS employees are just scripted and often clueless phone talkers. I had a horrible CS incident earlier this week. She was clueless and wouldn't transfer me to another CS person.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-22-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #27
jswinden
Nameless Being

On a good note: We are still able to install the Google Play app on a Fire HD 6 without jailbreaking. It still merely requires the sideloading and installing of four APK files. No telling when or if this will change.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #28
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
But no Page Flip. Did Amazon ever enumerate which Fire devices were supposed to get this feature?
I upgraded and I am also not seeing Page Flip in 5.3.1 on my 5th gen Fire tablet. I do have it on my other non-Fire devices.

Does anyone have the new Page Flip feature on a Fire tablet?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #29
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
I upgraded and I am also not seeing Page Flip in 5.3.1 on my 5th gen Fire tablet. I do have it on my other non-Fire devices.

Yes

Fire HDX

I sometimes wish I could switch it off since the new layout means a extra tap to get to "View Notes and Marks".
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #30
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:

Yes, on my HD 6, running 5.3.1.0
No, on a Fire 7, running 5.1.4, which seems to be the latest available.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote