Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
book_goddess
Nameless Being

Greetings all!

Hi all. I've been lurking here for a long while, but I felt that it was finally time to take the plunge, sign up for an account of my own, and say "hello"!

I live in Australia and I was introduced to the world of e-readers through a Kindle Keyboard 3G when they first became available to my country. I spent over a year just reading the many brilliant free books on Amazon, before my family and friends started cottoning on and buying me Amazon, Booktopia and Kobo gift vouchers ... It was then that I decided that I should look into getting an epub reader.

I dropped my Kindle recently on the train when it was out of warranty, and it landed on the screen. Amazon offered me an excellent deal on a refurbished Kindle when I asked about repair opportunities, but I politely declined and sought out an epub ereader ... which lead to me finding my current Sony Reader PRS-T2, which I adore.

On my Sony Reader, I'm currently reading The American Senator by Anthony Trollope. On paper, I'm currently reading Faith & Fire by James Swallow. On my iPhone, I'm currently listening to The Civil War by Shelby Foote, a mammoth three-volume audiobook which totals to a hefty 148 hours! It's very interesting. I enjoy the literary classics, science fiction, fantasy and war genres - but I really will try anything once!

I'm really looking forward to getting involved here. As I said, I've been lurking for a long time. It will be great to get to know you all personally.

Last edited by book_goddess; 06-11-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: corrected a few spelling + grammatical errors
Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
androidrooting
Enthusiast
androidrooting began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello and Welcome to the boards! Enjoy your stay!
androidrooting is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day book_goddess and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
book_goddess
Nameless Being

Thanks, all. It's great to be here!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Welcome to MobileRead!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote