Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
robertsoakes
robertsoakes began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Adding new books to the library

Dear Developers,

I am currently working on a plugin to enable cloud synchronization for Calibre. So far, I've got it doing simple things, such as downloading a catalog from a remote server, comparing it to the local database, merging records, and then pushing updates back to the remote server.

While working on it, though, I've found that I don't quite understand the database interface. What is the best way for a plugin to add new books to the database? Is there anywhere that I can find code examples or is it covered in the developer documentation?

Likewise, how can I retrieve the URLs for different formats of the book that are installed? Since I've got metadata sync (mostly) working, the next thing I'd like to do is file synchronization.

Any pointers would be extremely appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes
robertsoakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If your plugin is running in the GUI process use the database like this

gui = get_gui()
db = gui.library_view.model().db
db.add_books(...)

see database2.py for the methods db supports.

If your plugin is running out of process use

calibredb add

As for getting files from the content server, its a simple URL scheme just look at a few of the urls generated by the content server for file downloads, or look at the code in server/content.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert