Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
kingtermite
KingTermite
kingtermite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Talking Tag many books at once?

Still new, but trying to learn and understand Calibre.

I have imported a VERY LARGE library of ebooks, but the metadata was not well organized, so I'm manually updating the metadata.

I am trying to do this in chunks, but it's difficult to know what I've done and what I haven't done yet.

Right now I'm doing them by format. I have X in the ZIP format, etc....but that won't continue working because a few formats have waaaay too many books.

I'd like to select all the books I've done here so far and tag them as "done" or something similar so I can use the tag to track books I've done and not done.

Is there a way to select many books at once and assign a tag to all of them? I don't see how to do it.
kingtermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Control-A selects all
or Select 1st book ,hold Shift and scroll down to last and select last will select x books

I use a custom column to do this rather than tags as you can see it at a glance in the GUI.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
kingtermite
KingTermite

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Control-A selects all
or Select 1st book ,hold Shift and scroll down to last and select last will select x books

I use a custom column to do this rather than tags as you can see it at a glance in the GUI.

Helen
Sorry if I was unclear. I know how to select many books at once. How do I tag them all once I select them?
Old 02-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
kingtermite
KingTermite

Nevermind...I think I found it now. "Edit Metadata in Bulk" from context menu.

Tags
calibre, tag