Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Bargain (Kindle) $1.99-$2.99 books from the Hachette Book Group

- bringing these bargains over from @Emily Bronte's post in the Amazon.Com Kindle forum:

The Hachette Book Group has discounted many of their books to $1.99-$2.99 at the US Kindle store (I checked on B&N, but the books are still at their original prices there, maybe they'll price match later?):

Contemporary Fiction:
Testimony: A Novel by Anita Shreve ($2.99)
The Girls: A Novel by Lori Lansens ($2.99)

Zombie Fiction:
Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy Series #1) by Mira Grant ($2.99)

Chick/Mom Lit:
Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter ($2.99)
Odd Mom Out by Jane Porter ($2.99)

YA:
Confetti Girl by Diana Lopez ($2.99)
Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper ($2.99)

Romance:
Barely a Lady by Eileen Dreyer ($1.99)
Countess of Scandal by Laurel McKee ($1.99)

Christian Fiction:
Broken: A Novel by Travis Thrasher ($1.99)

NonFiction:
Prime-Time Health: A Scientifically Proven Plan for Feeling Young and Living Longer by William Sears and Martha Sears ($1.99)
Mommy Grace: Erasing Your Mommy Guilt by Sheila Schuller Coleman ($1.99)
The Gift of an Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir by Katrina Kenison ($2.99)
Mitten Strings for God: Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry by Katrina Kenison ($2.99)
Going Gray: What I Learned about Beauty, Sex, Work, Motherhood, Authenticity, and Everything Else That Really Matters by Anne Kreamer ($2.99)
Measure of the Heart: A Father's Alzheimer's, A Daughter's Return by Mary Ellen Geist ($2.99)

Last edited by arcadata; 05-02-2011 at 11:42 PM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Thanks! Feed caught my eye a few days ago while it was still $9.99 so I passed as it isn't my usual fare. At $2.99 I grabbed it and will give a try.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Thanks! Feed caught my eye a few days ago while it was still $9.99 so I passed as it isn't my usual fare. At $2.99 I grabbed it and will give a try.
I read Feed a while back. It was a decent book; I'll consider reading the sequel. Little predictable, but my biggest peeve was this focus on blogging and how Important (oh yeah, capital "I") it is. The best part was how the zombie virus came to be and how they tested for the zombie virus.

Reminded me of Doctorow's Little Brother (but with zombies!), which was just ok, but the whole "taking down the man!" thing got a little old. Definitively a YA book and written for that mindset.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The prices have been also lowered at Sony. I have not checked B&N.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're reduced on B&N as well.
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Feed is a Hugo nominee, and Orbit has also reduced their other nominee, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin, to $2.99.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
apesmom
Wizard

B&N has the pre-Order on book 2 of the Newsflesh trilogy at $7.99
Deadline - Available 6/1. Kindle's price is $9.99. Isn't Orbit a Hachette imprint and thus Agency?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
apesmom
Wizard

Never mind. Kindle has now also dropped to $7.99 for book 2.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It's a game Orbit plays. Not the first one where Amazon's price was $2 more than B&N (and all others). Amazon drops it, a few days later it goes back up ... then down ... then up .. etc. All while staying at the lower price at B&N.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote