Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Thank you both, here's Macbeth: http://www.feedbooks.com/book/2935
Quote:
All of his plays are online now: http://www.feedbooks.com/author/494

THANKS! Now what can you do about getting us a nicely formatted Canterbury Tales?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #17
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
THANKS! Now what can you do about getting us a nicely formatted Canterbury Tales?
I'll see what I can do, but rather than uploading books myself I've been working on a new interface that's easy enough for anyone to use. In fact, the only books that I've uploaded myself lately were those plays, the rest of the books were uploaded by Feedbooks users.

I'll do a full help guide and a video tutorial as soon as I can to explain everything.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #18
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I'll see what I can do, but rather than uploading books myself I've been working on a new interface that's easy enough for anyone to use. In fact, the only books that I've uploaded myself lately were those plays, the rest of the books were uploaded by Feedbooks users.

I'll do a full help guide and a video tutorial as soon as I can to explain everything.

Thanks! You know I'm a reader, not a techy, right? I tried to do Canterbury Tales to upload to MR, and made a horrible mess of the whole thing. I'd certainly be happy to pay if I could just find a well-formatted version that I could convert to play on my reader.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #19
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Thanks! You know I'm a reader, not a techy, right? I tried to do Canterbury Tales to upload to MR, and made a horrible mess of the whole thing. I'd certainly be happy to pay if I could just find a well-formatted version that I could convert to play on my reader.
My goal is to build something for authors, not techies. Any feedback will be helpful. But first things first, I need to do this help page and video tutorial...
Old 10-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #20
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Hadrien-
Will your authoring tool that you are building be useable on a Macintosh?
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 AM   #21
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cush View Post
Hadrien-
Will your authoring tool that you are building be useable on a Macintosh?
Sure since it is web-based.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
What problems have you experienced? My personal favourite tools are Book Designer for editing books, and then MobiPocket Creator for creating a nice Mobi book from it. That's a combination which works very well indeed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 PM   #23
BJWanlund
In eBook Heaven
BJWanlund is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone (owned), Kindle
There's actually a Complete Works available on the Kindle Store that is specifically formatted for the Kindle, AND it's WAY less expensive than the paper version!

BJ
BJWanlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #24
huevos
Enthusiast
huevos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
@ BJ Wanlund

Ive downloaded this version before and did not like it at all. There is nothing worse than buying 2 versions of the complete works of Shakespeare, finding each one equally unreadable, and then not being able to get your money back.

Here is an example of the type of formatting problems to expect in the version you linked:

Good my friends, If you have beard your general talk of Rome, and of his
Friends there,
It is lots to blanks,
My name hath touch'd your ears it is Menenius

versus

Good my friends,
If you have heard your general talk of Rome.
And of his friends there, it is lots to blanks,
My name hath touch'd your ears it is Menenius

if examples like this were few and far between, it wouldnt be a problem to sort it out...but when the entire rhythm of the play is disrupted, it gets pretty annoying.
huevos is offline   Reply With Quote