Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Roadkill
Roadkill began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Magazine Download Troubles with Kobo Arc

I know I can't use Calibre with the Kobo Arc (hoping they get this updated soon, very soon), but I know you can transfer pdf magazines to epub format. I tried to download the newly "epub" magazines, but which file to I download those converts to. I had the Kobo Arc connected to my computer, went to the epub folder on the Kobo, but I still can't pull them up on my reader. I'm getting very frustrated. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
I know I can't use Calibre with the Kobo Arc (hoping they get this updated soon, very soon), but I know you can transfer pdf magazines to epub format. I tried to download the newly "epub" magazines, but which file to I download those converts to. I had the Kobo Arc connected to my computer, went to the epub folder on the Kobo, but I still can't pull them up on my reader. I'm getting very frustrated. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
I'm not aware of issues with calibre and the Arc... What happens when you try please?

Also have you looked at Calibre Companion for WiFi based transfers?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Roadkill

I saw on YouTube sites, when you connect to Calibre, an icon will pop up and you click on that to pick you ereader, I don't have that icon. Maybe I will uninstall and re install Calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not aware of issues with calibre and the Arc... What happens when you try please?

Also have you looked at Calibre Companion for WiFi based transfers?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What is your PC operating system?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
Roadkill

Windows 7
Old 08-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
I saw on YouTube sites, when you connect to Calibre, an icon will pop up and you click on that to pick you ereader, I don't have that icon. Maybe I will uninstall and re install Calibre.
You don't have to uninstall it, just run the Welcome Wizard (found in the pick list under preferences). Choose the device there. You will have two Kobo choices.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
Roadkill

Finally I got it. I went to the Preferences, changed the device to a generic one and it worked. I finally got the device icon in Calibre. I want to thank you all for your help.