Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
chaesman
chaesman began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
pocket edge not charging

ok Had a pocket edge given to me it had no signs of life at all

after getting a charger for it the light flashed green then started rapidly blinking read.

inspected power supply and it is functioning at 12 volts

checked the power connection on the pe and the center pin was MIA

had a new jack installed. but now when the charger is connected the charge light flashes a rapid set of green then starts the rapid red flashing.

I am not sure what to try next any ideas would be appreciated

thanks
jon
chaesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
chaesman

Update:

Further trouble shooting - opened android screen side and checked battery for leaks swelling or loose connection. all looked good

removed battery and re-applied power and got a steady read indicating battery removed -

reconnected battery and still a few rapid green flashes (1- or 2 seconds) followed by a rapid red flashing

can someone please guide me a little I am running out of things to check

thanks
Old 05-29-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Is the charger the 'entourage' one or an aftermarket. If the socket repair was done properly likely have a bad charger. Its output could check good without a load but be faulty when an actual load is applied.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
chaesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Is the charger the 'entourage' one or an aftermarket. If the socket repair was done properly likely have a bad charger. Its output could check good without a load but be faulty when an actual load is applied.
ot is aftermarket i never got a charger with it..

it did turn green initally and power own but while charging start flasing red and wont turn on now so the pack may be failing once the battery hit a certin point in its charge.

do you happen to know the correct amperage and watts on original so i can get a match as close as possible

thhanks
Old 05-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaesman View Post
ot is aftermarket i never got a charger with it..

it did turn green initally and power own but while charging start flasing red and wont turn on now so the pack may be failing once the battery hit a certin point in its charge.

do you happen to know the correct amperage and watts on original so i can get a match as close as possible

thhanks

Model # DSA-12G-12

0.3 Amp output.

The wattage will vary depending on the input voltage (100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz). Based on 115VAC input it works out to be 34.5 watts.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
chaesman

believe it is the charger...just tried another not as high amps as obsessed2 specified but now light comes on solid green for a couple second instead of flasing green then goes to the rapid red with a green flash every ten seconds or so.

I will look for a charger in my parts box in storage might get lucky other wise it will have to wait until friday when I head in to town....

thank you for the help so far ...

and i will update as soon as I either locate or go purchase a diffrent charger
Old 05-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
chaesman

duplicte could not find delete option

Last edited by chaesman; 05-29-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
chaesman

update - found a 12volt 1.5 amp power supply did a temporary splice to get the correct tip on it. I know have a flashing green light

will try to power it on once i get to a solid green light..

thanks for all the great and useful information so far it is appreciated

Jon

ps. will update if we get to a solid green and successful power up
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
chaesman

update : battery accepted full charge and powers on unfortinatley damaged power switch nub so will fix that later for now will just make sure to keep it charged

thank you for you advice

jon