Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
When will Kobo Implement their 'Lending' Feature?

A friend of mine that has a Nook touch told me that she has bought books that she can 'lend' out (legally!) to her friends - although it appears it's only a one-time lend - and only for two weeks. I found an announcement from the summer where Kobo is planning to do the same:

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...shing-service/

Anyone know when this will be implemented? Any ideas why the lending stipulations are so strict (2 weeks to read a book? Even the library gives you 3 weeks!).

I am constantly frustrated that I have the inability to easily lend my friends the ebooks that I buy. I used to lend out my paper books all the time so I could discuss with my friends. I really miss that!!! I wanted to lend out a couple of books so badly recently, that I lent one of my eReaders out (which was sort of like handing over my child to a babysitter "Keep good care of her...make sure to return her soon and in one piece!").
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I'd use this function as well, much as I love my friends and family I'd never hand my ereader over to them (mainly because I can't do without it!)
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Yeah, even handing over my spare was difficult! I hope they improve the lending feature and extend the time frame or the number of times you can lend one book!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic

Bumping this in the hopes that someone knows something about it...thanks!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic

Bumping this AGAIN!!! With a new line-up coming out, I REALLY want to find out when the lending feature that the Nook has had for a LOOOONG time will be available for Kobo!!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Very interesting indeed! That would be a really handy feature.

The article states Kobo will have it implemented "by the end of the year." Now seeing that article is from 10th June, 2011 and we don't have the lending feature, something went wrong somewhere... I would like to know more too!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Very interesting indeed! That would be a really handy feature.

The article states Kobo will have it implemented "by the end of the year." Now seeing that article is from 10th June, 2011 and we don't have the lending feature, something went wrong somewhere... I would like to know more too!
Exactly! Over a year old - and still NOTHING!

Honestly, this type of sh!+ only promotes piracy (as does books not being available to Canadians on Amazon), so why not do everything they can to make the e-reading experience model the paper-reading experience? Part of the fun of reading books is to lend them to friends and enjoy discussing. Now I can only 'recommend' my favs to friends on Goodreads and then discover that they haven't read them because they don't want to buy the book and it's not available/waitlist too long at the library. Sigh....