Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
asdx
Enthusiast
asdx began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
lcg jukebox crashes on edge jr

folks i ve this problem that i tried installing lcg juke box 2.72 and 2.73,
install goes fine but the program crashes on running
can it be corrected, also many other software crash the edge if i try to run them after install and i ve to reset my hanged edgejr,.
this give real problem to me. can any android update/ downgrade or software make it correct.
my version is
edgejr
@zeke #1
ermine 0.9
i ll be grateful to responders
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
First, have you had earlier versions of that app working? If so just use the last working version you had.

The first thing you must realise is that although the version of Android we have is 2.2, Ermine, is a very modified release.

This is because it first has to interface with the e-ink side of things, hardware and software. Next our devices do not have any of the sensors, GPS, acceleration and so on, that phones and the newer tablets have.

Then there is the problem of developers producing apps that may install but look for the hardware that is not available on our devices when they run and not finding it stop. There is no way we can work round this, only the developer can make the necessary changes.

I have yet to find any reason why many apps look for, and require, the presence of hardware they never use. The only possible reason is that they don't tailor their make environment to the app and so leave all the garbage in.

Sorry I can't be of more help but what I have said is the state of play and always will be.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Where did you get this App? It isn't listed on Google Play which is the official Android App Store.

Best I can tell this App is for the Symbian OS, not Android:

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=download

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=lcgjukebox

Last edited by obsessed2; 08-05-2012 at 06:56 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
asdx
Enthusiast
asdx began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
@ ivanjt thanks a lot for responding, can u tell me how to know my device id or AID so i can access goggle play store

@ obsessed2 it is available at the lcg site itself

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=l...atform=android

look for apk also apk is available illegally at other sites, Google it, it requires code i may help u on that,
could u tell me better software to read audio books or lyrics on Symbian or android i will be grateful

thanks once agian
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
First, have you had earlier versions of that app working? If so just use the last working version you had.

The first thing you must realise is that although the version of Android we have is 2.2, Ermine, is a very modified release.

This is because it first has to interface with the e-ink side of things, hardware and software. Next our devices do not have any of the sensors, GPS, acceleration and so on, that phones and the newer tablets have.

Then there is the problem of developers producing apps that may install but look for the hardware that is not available on our devices when they run and not finding it stop. There is no way we can work round this, only the developer can make the necessary changes.

I have yet to find any reason why many apps look for, and require, the presence of hardware they never use. The only possible reason is that they don't tailor their make environment to the app and so leave all the garbage in.

Sorry I can't be of more help but what I have said is the state of play and always will be.
Needs to be a "sticky".
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote