Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Bellychaser
Bellychaser began at the beginning.

Device: none
"add metadata as 1st page" won't work on batch [send to device]

When I send a single book to my Kindle from Calibre the metadata arrives as requested, on the 1st page. When I send multiple books, no metadata at all. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Bellychaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
goto preferences->conversion->common options and make sure the insert metadata as first page option is checked.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Bellychaser
Bellychaser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, it is checked. The metadata is fine with a single transfer from calibre to kindle. It's just when i select multiple books to transfer that the metadata doesn't show up on the 1st page of the books.
Bellychaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have to convert the book for that setting to take effect. Just transfering is not enough
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote