Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
ejacevich
ejacevich began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Large file convert

I've been trying to convert some of my pdf files to epub using Calibre. One of my files is over 800mb and another is 1.45 gb. I tried to convert the 800mb one and it sat there and tried to convert it for over 5 hours before I gave up and cancelled it. Is this usual? Should I start it before I go to bed at night? Or should I just not convert it at all?
ejacevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
pdfs that large could pretty much only be high res image only files. A typical ebook is no more than a few megs.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejacevich View Post
it sat there and tried to convert it for over 5 hours before I gave up and cancelled it. Is this usual?
This unusual but does not indicate a problem. If it's working let it work. As long as it doesn't give you an error and stop everything is fine. In some cases it can take a long long time to complete.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote