Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hyphenation Engine

Hello there,

I recently got a kobo touch reader and I'm loving it.
However, I'm having issues with hyphen (for french books)

I know I can upgrade the hyph_fr.dic with a custom KoboRoot.tgz. The thing is, I still have quite lot of bad hyphens. I thought it was the dictionnary, but then i download "altlinuxHyph" and tested some words. Turned out words hyphened incorrectly by the kobo are hyphened correctly by altlinuxHyph using the very same hyph_dict.

So I guess the Kobo hyph engine is not good enough ? Or am I doing something wrong ? Is it supposed to work just like any other hyphenation engine (it's supposed to be the same algorithm, after all).

Thanks !

Also, I tried "hyphenate this", but as far as I could say, it didn't change anything. Do you think the soft-hyphens are ignored when kobo is trying to hyphen by itself ? I so, I could try to load an empty dictionnary...

EDIT : I tried loading an empty hyphens dictionnary (with a custom KoboRoot), and it remove every single hyphen.
I then created a dictionnary myself with very basic rules, ignoring any complicated text to be sure it would only create good, simple hyphen (I don't need it to find all possible hyphenations, after all). I loaded this dictionnary, and it created bad hyphens AGAIN, that didn't followed any rule I wrote.
Something is definitely bugged.

Last edited by Simboubou; 08-27-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote