Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
Leah07
Leah07 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
Kindle Voyage - problems, any help appreciated!

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. Let me start by saying I’m not technically minded at all so please bear with me. I have a Kindle Voyage 7th generation which I registered in Feb 2016. It says it is
Firmware version: Kindle 5.8.8 (3144280022).

It’s been great but I started having problems with pressing on certain areas of the screen.
I managed to turn the screen into landscape mode but can’t turn it back into portrait as it won’t let me press (and can’t feel any feedback when I do press).

I spoke to Amazon who weren’t helpful at all, said it was out of warranty and they would give some money towards a new one – but I’m not in a position to buy one at the moment.

As of now – the lights aren’t working (again, can press the numbers but nothing happens). Also it seems to have deregistered me (although it is listed on my Amazon page) and I can’t re-register as it won’t let me enter my details.

The “update your Kindle” option can’t be pressed (not in black print) and I can’t link it to my wifi either.
Should I just “reset device”?

Although I can read books – I need the light to be able to see them clearly.

Any help appreciated. As I said, not great at the tech stuff!
Leah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnE4kJw00w

If it clears everything, then download the updates from here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201630670
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
It sounds to me like your Voyager screen is defective and my guess is that the only thing you can do at this point is get a replacement. Or live with it as it is till you can. Of course I'm only guessing.

Woot.com currently has a refurbished Voyage for $70 and a refurbished 1st generation Paperwhite for $40. The early Paperwhites aren't as nice as a Voyage but they're close enough and I read happily on one for a long time. In fact I still do read on it from time to time.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Odds are it's just glitching - first thing to try is to restart it - press and hold the power button - after 7 seconds a window pops up - select restart. (this doesn't remove anything, just turns the device all the way off, and restarts/reinitializes it.
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote