Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Jesse G
Snert
Jesse G began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story HD
Iriver Story Hd internal memory problem

Hey guys,
I was reading on my iriver yesterday when suddenly it froze, wouldn't move to any other page. It remained like this for a few hours until I restarted it. After some poking around I found that I had no internal memory left, which is very strange because I didn't have that many books on it. I swiftly deleted all the books (had them backed up on Adobe Digital Editions) to see what I could do. I freed up 7 MB when the iriver has 1380 MB.

Version 1.34 firmware

I ran Disk Utility on it but to no success.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really want to give up reading on it.

Jesse
Jesse G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
Jesse G
Snert
Jesse G began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story HD
@frostschutz
Jesse G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #3
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Sorry to hear of your troubles. This forum has been pretty quiet for awhile now so it might take some time for a response from some of the tech minded. I still use mine, I have two working ones and one with a broken screen that I've saved for parts. I really don't need it so if you think you can swap the board out and put it with your working screen you're welcome to it. I live in the USA so if you are overseas the post might not be worth it. If you are in the states I don't mind footing this shipping costs for a fellow iriver StoryHD lover.

Cheers
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:27 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't have any ideas here. Never had this issue.

Either there actually are hidden files that you are missing, or perhaps the filesystem is corrupt and needs a check? If there are files you should know what is eating up the space. If it's a blown up sqlite database you can VACUUM it with any sqlite tool.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote