Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 06:51 AM   #586
Siaubas
Siaubas began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 (G090 G105...) 5.12.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivilyn View Post
I didn’t make it clear.

"kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r16535" didn't work for me and I returned to "kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r15470" downloaded in July.
Could you sent it, I can't find.

I wanted check you way (maybe it helps), because I don't know if it the MRPI problem, or I lost jailbreak after firmware update
Siaubas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:06 AM   #587
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siaubas View Post
Could you sent it, I can't find.

I wanted check you way (maybe it helps), because I don't know if it the MRPI problem, or I lost jailbreak after firmware update
You wrote that you had installed the hotfix after update. It would be impossible without jaibreak.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:26 AM   #588
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Sorry for the nube question but after manually updating FW on the KOA2 ";log mrpi" no longer works. I reinstalled MR Package installer but still no go.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #589
Siaubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Sorry for the nube question but after manually updating FW on the KOA2 ";log mrpi" no longer works. I reinstalled MR Package installer but still no go.
Have you found any solution?
I want read with the Koreader, not with the standart Kindle program, which doesn't understand different file format and not enough setting according my needs
Old 10-14-2019, 09:25 AM   #590
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zivilyn: That doesn't make any sense (i.e., logs or it didn't happen ).

@Siaubas:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
WARNING: FW >= 5.12.2 is definitely much more aggressive, and it will *probably* destroy your JailBreak. Having an up-to-date (>= 1.16.N) bridge *before* the update *might* help, or not.
TL;DR: Stay away from FW >= 5.12.x.
@radamo: Updating from what to what? And that wouldn't be MRPI you'd need to reinstall, but the hotfix.

Quote:
As mentioned earlier, an official FW update will basically throw you back to the post-hotfix step: you'll basically have to reinstall anything that came bundled in a .bin, except for the hotfix/bridge itself.

Speaking of the bridge/hotfix, you shouldn't ever need to reinstall it, unless you want to make extra sure it's got its hooks set in right before and/or after doing a severely destructive manipulation, like a factory reset. But, technically, if nothing untoward ever happened to your device, this shouldn't be needed, it's just a precaution.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-14-2019 at 09:30 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #591
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I did have the latest hotfix installed but must have misunderstood some of the posts on here and thought it was safe to install 5.12.2. Apparently NOT. I guess I have hosed my JB. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #592
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I understand, both @radamo and @Siaubas have jailbreak survived (as they can install the hotfix after update), but they cannot start mrpi installation of KUAL via ;log mrpi.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #593
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
As I understand, both @radamo and @Siaubas have jailbreak survived (as they can install the hotfix after update), but they cannot start mrpi installation of KUAL via ;log mrpi.
I installed the HOTFIX prior to the update to 5.12.2. When trying to put the hotfix on post update I now get an ERROR message from the Kindle saying it is an invalid update file. So apparently 5.12.2 is EVIL...
Old 10-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #594
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
I installed the HOTFIX prior to the update to 5.12.2. When trying to put the hotfix on post update I now get an ERROR message from the Kindle saying it is an invalid update file. So apparently 5.12.2 is EVIL...
Oh, sorry, you definitely have lost jb.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #595
Siaubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
yes, you are right.
Could I try to do some steps, or it is better to wait for some future solution?
Old 10-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #596
hius07
Wizard

I believe only NiLuJe can guess why ;log mrpi doesn't work while jb persists.
5.12.2 is a strange and dangerous thing.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #597
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reboot, reinstall the *latest* hotfix, reboot.

If the install succeeded, and ;log doesn't work after that, either you're doing something wrong, or there's black magic at work.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:38 PM   #598
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Reboot, reinstall the *latest* hotfix, reboot.

If the install succeeded, and ;log doesn't work after that, either you're doing something wrong, or there's black magic at work.
Attempted install of hotfix gives message:
Update Error
An invalid update file has been loaded on you device......

So looks like I am SOL.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:36 AM   #599
NiLuJe
BLAM!

On the upside, that, at least, is a chain of events that makes sense .
Old 10-15-2019, 04:49 AM   #600
hius07
Wizard

Downgrading from 5.12.2 confirmed!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323882

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje