Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 AM   #1
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
update fireware to 5.12.2, my KV lost JB

this morning, I update my KV fireware to 5.12.2, lost JB,
search forum, found :Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin
tried hotfix, but it dose not work....

Last edited by kdusr; 10-09-2019 at 12:03 PM.
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Was your hotfix file dated Oct. 7th or newer?
If not, you may have an out-of-date hotfix file.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=562

And if none of that helps ...
Try being a bit more descriptive than: "does not work".
What did you try, how did you try it, and what was (where) the result(s)?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kdusr:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
WARNING: FW >= 5.12.2 is definitely much more aggressive, and it will *probably* destroy your JailBreak. Having an up-to-date (>= 1.16.N) bridge *before* the update *might* help, or not.
TL;DR: Stay away from FW >= 5.12.x.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
kdusr
Connoisseur

@NiLuJe
what can I do for my KV? it lost JB forever?

@knc1
where can I find the newest hotfix ?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Was your hotfix file dated Oct. 7th or newer?
If not, you may have an out-of-date hotfix file.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=562

And if none of that helps ...
Try being a bit more descriptive than: "does not work".
What did you try, how did you try it, and what was (where) the result(s)?
the hotfix date is Oct.7th,
I copy the hotfix bin file to kindle, popup upgrade win, click "ok", kindle screen showing "....the upgrade not successful...."
kindle automatic roboot, I try run ";log runme" from search bar to launch kterm(it works before update fireware), nothing happens

kindle screen display "can not find ';log runme' "
Old 10-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@kdusr:
Quote:
WARNING: FW >= 5.12.2 is definitely much more aggressive, and it will *probably* destroy your JailBreak. Having an up-to-date (>= 1.16.N) bridge *before* the update *might* help, or not.
TL;DR: Stay away from FW >= 5.12.x.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #7
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
@kdusr:
Is downgrade via serial port an option? I assume it might be if this is not the androidized version we don't know how to deal with yet.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@dhdurgee: Serial access in and of itself has no bearing on what the initrd updater will accept .

But it does make the DIY approach of manually flashing an update over diags potentially feasible, yeah (with the caveat, as you mentioned, that diags has to live in a dedicated partition, and that you need to be able to boot and log into it).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-09-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #9
kdusr
Connoisseur

@Amazon
I paid the money, got the kindle, why do you still continue to do disgusting things in an attempt to control my equipment?

Another seed which against the Amazon closed system was buried.

Last edited by kdusr; 10-10-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
@Amazon
I paid the money, got the kindle, why do you still continue to do disgusting things in an attempt to control my equipment?
Never buy a Kindle if you mind using it without being jailbroken. Because when you buy a Kindle, you could end up with a firmware that cannot be jailbroken. And obviously you have. I suggest you return your Kindle if you can since you seem to be rather upset.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@kdusr:
Amazon needs to update their Kindle accessory product line:
*) Blue Tooth headphones
*) Covers
*) Chargers
*) Big hammers
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:56 AM   #12
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Never buy a Kindle if you mind using it without being jailbroken. Because when you buy a Kindle, you could end up with a firmware that cannot be jailbroken. And obviously you have. I suggest you return your Kindle if you can since you seem to be rather upset.
I have chosen the linux os course, I will buy an old version Kindle from ebay, study a better way to jailbreak , then publish it on the Internet.

@Amazon
Another seed which against the Amazon closed system was buried.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #13
Hzj_jie
Hzj_jie will become famous soon enoughHzj_jie will become famous soon enoughHzj_jie will become famous soon enoughHzj_jie will become famous soon enoughHzj_jie will become famous soon enoughHzj_jie will become famous soon enough

Device: kobo aura hd
What a pity, mine lost jb yesterday after an automatic upgrade.
Hzj_jie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:14 AM   #14
lucasrato
Enthusiast
lucasrato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Damn. My pw4 just got updated automatically. I had the hotfix and the folder impeding the update. Now it is restarting, let's hope I won't lose my JB :'(
lucasrato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:19 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If your Kindle can run firmware 5.12.2, keep WiFi off and never ever sync again or someday you will get the new firmware and lose your jailbreak.

This is the only way to keep our jailbreak in place. So you a choice to never again sync or lose your jailbreak.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, updata