Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
cazurrito
cazurrito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
My Kindle Touch does not show screensavers

Hi people of mobileread, I have a trouble with my Kindle Touch.
When I lock it, the screensaver doesn't appear and the last page I was reading remains instead.
I've already reset to default settings, but the problem stays.
Could anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
cazurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Did you install the screensavers hack?

What screensavers do you want to show? The default or your own?

As far as the last page being shown as the screen saver, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474

Quote:
Do you prefer to just show the last thing that was on screen, with an overlay indicating when the device's alseep? Just drop a blank file named last in the linkss folder. Restart your Kindle ([HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Restart), and you're done
This only applies if you installed the hack.

If you placed a blank file named "last" in the linkss folder, that needs to be removed.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
cazurrito
cazurrito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
Did you install the screensavers hack?

What screensavers do you want to show? The default or your own?

As far as the last page being shown as the screen saver, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474

This only applies if you installed the hack.

If you placed a blank file named "last" in the linkss folder, that needs to be removed.
Thanks for your answer.
I want to show the default screensavers.
In the beginning I had installed the hack, but as I said, I reset to default factory settings removing the hack, and now I have the problem that I want to solve.
cazurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
What firmware version are you running?
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazurrito View Post
Thanks for your answer.
I want to show the default screensavers.
In the beginning I had installed the hack, but as I said, I reset to default factory settings removing the hack, and now I have the problem that I want to solve.
Doing a "Reset to Factory Defaults" does NOT remove hacks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle touch, screensaver