Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Bouh
Bouh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Unhappy I need so help, pleaseeeee!

Hello Everybody!!!

I got my Kobo Glo about 3 weeks ago and I have to say, I am not very good with it when it comes to add books...

I have no problems when I buy them from kobo's website but I can't read the ones I downloaded from other websites. It is either not showing on my device or I can read the first 10 pages and then it is blank... I should may be tell you that I downloaded them from Isohunt and co. as I already have a paper copy of them.

Is there any body to help me, please?

I am getting very frustrated here.

Thank you

Edit
Bouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Use Calibre to manage your library and transfer them to your Kobo. Just drag and drop the book on to the Calibre main screen.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
It sounds like you downloaded a bunch of crap, which is unsurprising given the source. If you keep going, you'll probably not just get crap fakes, but malware as well. Try your library and Project Gutenberg and other legit freebies, if you can't/won't buy ebooks.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds to me like your reader is not the problem. The problem here seems to be the source where you got your books. Beware of viruses and the likes in such websites.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Bouh
Bouh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you so much for you advises. I will try other providers. And hopefully I will be more lucky

Thanks again!
Bouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert