Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #46
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Hmm. I hate the short cord and cheap feel of the Fire charger, and never use it. I keep my long K2 cord attached to my LG wall plug, and use it to charge my Fire, my phone, and whatever else microusb thing I have in my hands. Works fast and well. This is the first I've heard of it being "not recommended" but I'll take my chances.
Unless your LG charger produces at least 1.8 amps (labeled on the charger), your Fire will never charge "fast" and may not top off the battery correctly. There is a reason why there are chargers with different amp ratings and manufacturers' recommendations. Almost all cell phone chargers (and e-ink readers) are only 1 amp.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #47
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Unless your LG charger produces at least 1.8 amps (labeled on the charger), your Fire will never charge "fast" and may not top off the battery correctly. There is a reason why there are chargers with different amp ratings and manufacturers' recommendations. Almost all cell phone chargers (and e-ink readers) are only 1 amp.
I guess fast is relative. . However, it charges in the same amount of time as it does when plugged into the original Fire charger. Holds a charge well, too.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #48
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I guess fast is relative. . However, it charges in the same amount of time as it does when plugged into the original Fire charger. Holds a charge well, too.
My guess is that your charger is 1.8 - 2 amps , or your Fire charger is defective, as you would most definitely notice the difference.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ah, my apologies, Blossom; I didn't know that and of course it makes my suggestion meaningless.
My understanding it's the same charger that the Playbook has. That's why it's so cheap. It was a huge complaint when the KF came out how the charger was too bulky to carry around. That's said it is compatible according to Amazon to charge the Kindle 4 and Kindle Touch with it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #50
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I had issues charging the fire the other day and had to hold the on off button for 30 seconds. I prefer using a USB charger and micro cord or charging by laptop.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #51
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Just called AZ support

1-866-321-8851

Within 5 mins they added the charger to my cart and applied the 19.99 credit so I didnt have to pay anything

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Will be here in 2 days thanks to Prime

Will let you know how it goes once I get the replacement

AZ rocks!
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #52
Marco21
Marco21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Me too-Exact Same Kindle Fire Charging Issue

Kindle Fire support is sending me a new Kindle today because I had the exact same experience with the charger port. About 2 months ago I reported that the Fire was not charging. A new charger was sent and the problem was resolved. Last night I noticed that the battery was only at 30% even though the Fire had been plugged in for hours. I could only get the charging to work if I fiddled with the connection and moved it to the exact "right" spot and held it there. I reported the problem to Kindle Fire support and explained that the charger had been replaced once already.
I should get my new Fire in a day or two.
Marco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #53
Jerry42
Jerry42 began at the beginning.

Slightly off topic. My Kf has the loose USB connector and the batt. is completely dead. wiggling or holding my tongue the right way doesn't make any diff = no charge.
My question, is there any way to get the stuff on the old KF onto the new one(coming soon from Amazon)? Old one Nothing fancy fully stock.
With dead batt is it at all possible to do this into PC or directly from old to new KF?

Last edited by Jerry42; 09-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Jerry42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #54
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Jerry42,

If your old KF is fully stock virtually everything on it should be backed up in the Amazon cloud. Registering the new device to the same account should make it available.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #55
Jerry42
Jerry42 began at the beginning.

Thanks, jsh1120, for the quick reply, that's gonna work out just fine.
Jerry42
Jerry42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #56
StevenHs
StevenHs began at the beginning.

Agree: mini USB superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
I didn't like it when they switched most devices from mini USB to micro USB. Maybe it's my imagination, but in general, it seems as though there's more 'play' in micro usb connections than there was in mini USB. The plugs just seemed to fit tighter before.
I agree. The micro-USB seems to be problematic.
StevenHs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #57
StevenHs
StevenHs began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Actually it's exactly the opposite. MicroUSB is specifically designed to survive many more plug/unplug cycles than MiniUSB.
Perhaps, but eyeballing the two, you would never surmise that. The mini-USB looks so much sturdier. Also, google "micro-USB problems."
StevenHs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #58
Jonathan Hawkins
Jonathan Hawkins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Here is a good video that shows the repair process of a kindle fire charging port that I found on YouTube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxFs54Wxt5o
Jonathan Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote