Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
sandybee
sandybee began at the beginning.

Device: ezreader
Cool New to Ereaders and going insane with EZReader EZ601

Hi,
I am new member and have just purchased a EZ601 EZreader. Have spent the last 10 hours trying to connect to wi fi which keeps telling me "please check your password or check the dhcp service is endabled. As enable is spelt incorrectly and as I can connect everything else , shall I just take it back tomorrow or is it operator error. I have 2 books on Adobe Digital editions and and thought I had put one on the reader but it comes up blank even though it says there is 6000kb loaded.
Frustrated to the extreme
HELP
Sandybee
sandybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Sandybee and welcome to MobileRead. Don't know about the EZreader but someone ought to come along shortly with an answer
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Can you post a link to where you bought it? That should help me find the manual, and the manual should help me trouble shoot.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybee View Post
Hi,
I am new member and have just purchased a EZ601 EZreader. Have spent the last 10 hours trying to connect to wi fi which keeps telling me "please check your password or check the dhcp service is endabled. As enable is spelt incorrectly and as I can connect everything else , shall I just take it back tomorrow or is it operator error. I have 2 books on Adobe Digital editions and and thought I had put one on the reader but it comes up blank even though it says there is 6000kb loaded.
I think what you have is made by Elonex. Their web site is here:
http://www.elonex.com/index.shtm

The support page for the 600EB model (which should be about what you have) is here:
http://www.elonex.com/support/products/ebook/600eb.shtm
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you want to use WiFi, then this might be a reason to return it.

However, usually Adobe DRM is enabled by connecting via USB to a PC/Mac and running Desktop Adobe Digital Editions. Books on Board have instructions for the Cybook Opus, but most other EInk readers work similarly.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I think what you have is made by Elonex. Their web site is here:
http://www.elonex.com/index.shtm

The support page for the 600EB model (which should be about what you have) is here:
http://www.elonex.com/support/products/ebook/600eb.shtm
______
Dennis
I asked, and Elonex said that isn't their e-reader.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
This seems to be available only in Australia, it is not related to the American version with the same name. http://dicksmith.com.au/product/A345...i-eink-ereader

This is the only link I have found and it clearly says it is by Elonex. It is probably rebranded by Dick Smith.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Actually Dale, I sent Elonex that link. That's not their e-reader.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
So it would seem that the vendor is mistaken or being misleading. I wonder who makes this device? it also claims to be E-Ink but has a 800 x 480 screen size which is odd for E-Ink.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #10
sandybee
sandybee began at the beginning.

Device: ezreader
Thankyou to everyone who made the effort to respond to my query. I bought it from Dick Smiths and returned it 2 days later. Googled and got links to Astak (with FAQ's) and paperwork suggested Spotbuy Reviews were not good. Now awaiting the Sony Pocket touchscreen which seems to be popular.
Thanks again My next questions may relate to Sony.
sandybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I asked, and Elonex said that isn't their e-reader.

Nate- I was going to suggest its by Boeye http://www.szboeye.com/en/ProductVie...=43&SortID=134

but thats not quite it eitehr . Definitely one of the Shenzhen companies though.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
If it's one of the Shenzhen companies, shouldn't they price the device cheaper than sony's
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #13
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by warakawa View Post
If it's one of the Shenzhen companies, shouldn't they price the device cheaper than sony's
Why should they?

The Shenzen outfit is the manufacturer. They provide devices under an OEM deal to the outfit that puts their name on it and actually sells it. The question is why the seller charges the requested price. The answer is, "because they think they can get it." Pricing is always what the market will bear, and if they make their target revenue and profit numbers at a particular price point, they'll have no real incentive to reduce the price.

The idea behind price reductions is to accept lower margins in hopes of boosting sales, and making up in volume what you are losing on individual sales. But if you do that, you're betting that you will make it up on volume, and if you bet wrong, it can be an expensive mistake. It's really hard to raise the price again after making a cut like that if you discover you were wrong about the market.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #14
lynmud
lynmud began at the beginning.

Device: wifi ezreader ez601
going insane as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybee View Post
Hi,
Frustrated to the extreme
HELP
Sandybee
Hi Sandybee
I also have this model and have had to to all sorts of so called experts that have done nothing to help except to make me even more frustrated. Please Please, have you found the answer to make this so and so work
Thanks
Lyn
lynmud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe digital editions, dhcp, error getting licence, ezreader