Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #31
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by QIbHom View Post
e-Geezer, I'm not being PC, just pointing out that not everyone is Christian. Heck, aren't you a little sick by now of "Frosty the Snowman"? Especially when done musak-style?

There are good alternatives. As someone pointed out, "holiday" is too vague. But, something like the "Dickens and Friends Gift Basket" or the "Second Harvest Gift Pack" would also get the point across. Even "Post-Ghost Scrooge Basket" might work.

It isn't a big deal. Only meant to comment that a *quick* glance at the gift basket made it look less attractive than it really was, to me. My co-worker is getting one, though, so it all works out. It isn't like I can't send a check off to Second Harvest (excellent choice of charity, btw, they rock) without aid.
Oh my gosh this made me LOL AND...I think you have a very good marketing term for the basket!!! Someone should let Robert know so he can use it next year. Very fun!
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:22 AM   #32
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by QIbHom View Post
e-Geezer, I'm not being PC, just pointing out that not everyone is Christian. Heck, aren't you a little sick by now of "Frosty the Snowman"? Especially when done musak-style?

There are good alternatives. As someone pointed out, "holiday" is too vague. .

Isn't the derivation of "holiday" = "Holy Day" ?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #33
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Thank Jusmee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
@Nimblem
The logomaker Jusmee mentioned is available from the Astak website also. There are versions for both the 5" and 6" readers. This is how to do it: If you ever want to go back to the original start up and close down screens (instead of the custom ones) this is possible by reinstalling the firmware.
Thanks!! It worked perfectly. I was able to add my information to the product including a picture of my kids
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:50 AM   #34
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Isn't the derivation of "holiday" = "Holy Day" ?
Good point, although it now denotes any day we get to take a paid work day off to celebrate.

Kinda like the over-misuse of "decimate" to mean "almost wipe out", when it really only means "reduce by 10%". The distinction, of course, meaningless if you end up as part of the 10%. I expect some day to find Webster has thrown up is hands in defeat and the dictionary will be updated to reflect the common misuse.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote