Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Woot 2.0 is Coming Sunday! (Tomorrow)

Woot! Woot! It's not just a cry of "yeah" anymore. In very short time, www.Woot.com has become an online sales phenomenon that has people watching for the daily geek item to go on sale at 1am Eastern time every day.

The site has been down this weekend, with just a message teasing about selling out for the money. But in fact they go on to say that it's just so they can put up the new Woot 2.0 site for this week. Cool!

If you haven't been to Woot yet, then be sure to take a look. I'm one of the early members (and was even sent a certificate in appreciation to honor my participation). Each weekday there is an item for sale. If you check the forums you can see what items were sold in the past, but it's everything from coffee makers to shavers to computers to Pocket PCs to remote control cars to all kinds of things. I've bought quite a few items there and have not (yet) been disappointed. But you have to get there and buy before they run out of stock. Some of the best deals on popular items can sell out very quickly.

So be sure to check out the new site when it comes back up tomorrow to get the full scoop. I'm pretty excited to see what the new version looks like. Maybe they'll even start selling more than one item each day?!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
Dick Tracy
Detective
Dick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Palm TX
I'm missing this weekend's Photoshop competition;( There were so many wootabulous items this past week, just oh so ripe for art. Birthday BOC, please...

Apologies to mobilereaders for speaking woot.

Last edited by Dick Tracy; 07-10-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Dick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote