Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #211
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Psst, over here *whispermode* There are ways to circumvent the georestrictions...

Hi there! Welcome! If it is a really bad habit, you should join us, regardless of your prefered poison
I know there are ways to circumvent georestrictions. Problem is that I played that game and it became too much of a hassle for me. Rather pay cheaper prices and get something I'm allowed to keep and do with as I like.

I wouldn't call it a bad habit per se...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've commented above that pbook addictions have self-limiting features — storage space for one.

However, I'm reluctant to turn away someone in need. Make a pledge, and we'll support you when you're tempted.
That's the problem. I have one huge bookcase that still has space left and two smaller bookcases that are almost empty, so that particular self-limiting feature won't come into affect for quite some time.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #212
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
That's the problem. I have one huge bookcase that still has space left and two smaller bookcases that are almost empty, so that particular self-limiting feature won't come into affect for quite some time.
How many unread pbooks do you have? More than a year's supply?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #213
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I know there are ways to circumvent georestrictions. Problem is that I played that game and it became too much of a hassle for me.
It is easy. Just give a valid US address, like favourite telephone booth or McDrive at the Sony store. They don't check IPs or creditcard origin. Thats it.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #214
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
I thought I could solve my problem by joining the Singapore library, but they want my passport number! I don't want to put it up on the internet just to borrow books, am I being paranoid?
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #215
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBoo...ible_Libraries

Did you try Foreigner without FIN?
yeah
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #216
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I FELL OFF THE WAGON THIS WEEK!!!
IT WASN'T MY FAULT (sort of).

Those evil people in the Crime Fiction thread in the Reading Recs forum keep posting authors I have never read - and including detailed descriptions of the plots - and providing LIVE LINKS to purchase them with one click! And some even went through the hundreds of titles in the Amazon .99/1.99/2.99 sale listing and provided LIVE LINKS to the mystery titles!

I NEVER HAD A CHANCE!!

Can I stay in the group please? I need your positive support to control these "One Click" mishaps.

[gotta go - my Kindle has finished downloading the new titles.]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #217
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Can I stay in the group please? I need your positive support to control these "One Click" mishaps.

Of course you can stay! You obviously need our support, so it would be heartless for us to kick you out over your "mishaps".

CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #218
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Of course you can stay! You obviously need our support, so it would be heartless for us to kick you out over your "mishaps".

I'll try again.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #219
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I FELL OFF THE WAGON THIS WEEK!!!
IT WASN'T MY FAULT (sort of).

Those evil people in the Crime Fiction thread in the Reading Recs forum keep posting authors I have never read - and including detailed descriptions of the plots - and providing LIVE LINKS to purchase them with one click! And some even went through the hundreds of titles in the Amazon .99/1.99/2.99 sale listing and provided LIVE LINKS to the mystery titles!

I NEVER HAD A CHANCE!!

hundreds of titles for 0.99?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #220
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
hundreds of titles for 0.99?
.99/1.99/2.99 - be careful!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #221
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
.99/1.99/2.99 - be careful!
hmm...i'll sneak a glance in the crime fiction thread
Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #222
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I must admit that I buy much more now with Kindle than years ago when I had to wait for my order to be actually delivered by Amazon via regular mail ... those 60 seconds are killing me , lol ...

By the way, had a book that took about 3 min to download, a SQL book with over of 1k pages ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #223
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I hereby solemnly promise not to buy a non-free ebook for the rest of the month.

*runs off to booksfornooks and ebookfling*
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #224
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
I thought I could solve my problem by joining the Singapore library, but they want my passport number! I don't want to put it up on the internet just to borrow books, am I being paranoid?
Jepp. They don't ask any other information to link it with. Any library wants to see your ID before you can join them, so this is quite tame. Anyway, they are content with ANY seven-digit number you care to give.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #225
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Jepp. They don't ask any other information to link it with. Any library wants to see your ID before you can join them, so this is quite tame. Anyway, they are content with ANY seven-digit number you care to give.
Thanks for that. Tell me why I need to join this library when my TBR pile is too big to see over (figuratively speaking) and i've got about 6 pbooks ordered from my local library, I think I need help.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote