Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkledorf View Post
So you're saying this is your husband?
Hey don't make fun of her husbands 2.5" frustration.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Sooo...

I'm a bit confused. I haven't been paying much attention to the Kindle 2 updates nor have I had the wireless on my Kindle 2 turned on for quite a while. My current device information tells me that "Version: Kindle 2.3 (399380047)". Do I need to update that now? If so to which version, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, or 2.3.4? OR Should I just wait for the auto update to 2.5, leave the wireless on 24/7 until it comes down? AND Should I run in circles whilst awaiting 2.5 or merely sit in a corner mumbling to myself?

Last edited by NormHart; 05-12-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Opps, corrected build number.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Sooo...

I'm a bit confused. I haven't been paying much attention to the Kindle 2 updates nor have I had the wireless on my Kindle 2 turned on for quite a while. My current device information tells me that "Version: Kindle 2.3 (399350047)". Do I need to update that now? If so to which version, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, or 2.3.4? OR Should I just wait for the auto update to 2.5, leave the wireless on 24/7 until it comes down? AND Should I run in circles whilst awaiting 2.5 or merely sit in a corner mumbling to myself?

Well, I'm running around in circles, periodically stopping and beating my head against a wall. So maybe I am not the right person to ask. I wouldn't bother to install an update - I had 2.3, and felt left out, so I downloaded and installed 2.3.3 manually. That is probably why I don't have 2.5 yet.

Excuse me, I am going to slit my wrists.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #19
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Well, I'm running around in circles, periodically stopping and beating my head against a wall. So maybe I am not the right person to ask. I wouldn't bother to install an update - I had 2.3, and felt left out, so I downloaded and installed 2.3.3 manually. That is probably why I don't have 2.5 yet.

Excuse me, I am going to slit my wrists.
Well!!!

With a recommendation like that I believe I will go with the "sitting in the corner" option.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #20
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Someone on Amazon said that Amazon had pulled the 2.5 file off their kindle while they were on the web. That is why I hate leaving my wireless on - Amazon just mess with the kindle and dont tell us!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #21
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
*dies*

I would have jumped off something if I'd actually gotten the update, made up my collections, and then it was gone.

All I can think of is that they figured out that they needed to change something, or add something based on people's requests/use of the update, and are now implementing it.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #22
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
When I get the update, IF I GET THE UPDATE, my wireless stays off.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

*paces* My KDX has been without hacks with the wireless on constantly for almost two weeks. I canNOT believe no one here's managed to grab it yet..... but I think I said this before...
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #24
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never have my wireless on, except if the time gets really out of whack.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #25
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo

Ah, the advantages of elderhood.

I am quite content to leave my wireless on while sitting in a corner mumbling to myself. I do that unintentionally fairly often in any case.

Eh... what?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #26
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Ah, the advantages of elderhood.

I am quite content to leave my wireless on while sitting in a corner mumbling to myself. I do that unintentionally fairly often in any case.

Eh... what?
I am no spring chicken, but I am more patient than I used to be!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #27
alexaxis
alexaxis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
dear guys, havn't u ever notice some one had all ready released 2.5 updates for dxi on this page? go on and update your dx, unfortunately i have to wait a new usbnetwork hack to support my fonts, therefore i can not take this updates....good luck you guys, anyway, amazon announced that broad dispatch will be conducted by the end of May, not that bad..
alexaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #28
Anarel
Evangelist

yeah, for the DXI..... and only from software version 2.3.2.... besides the fact that 2.3.2 wasn't had by everyone and seeing as most everyone has 2.3 or 2.3.3 and can't downgrade and not everyone has the international version, that doesn't help much, does it?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #29
Anarel
Evangelist

I got the update, and I got it for others, too!

This is from software version 2.3.3-> 2.5.

My newly changed registration date was April 14th.

Here are the links to download if anyone wants/needs it for their Us KDX.... that is, the one on the Sprint network, and again, it only works if your current software version is 2.3.3.

Here are a few links to the update.

http://www.mediafire.com/?avdrz5jl55m

http://jump.fm/YWHWS

http://rapidshare.com/files/38700238...00057.bin.html
Old 05-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #30
markmcak
markmcak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle dx
If you've got a DX-us with 2.3.4, save your breath. I tried it - no joy. No brick! But no joy either.
markmcak is offline   Reply With Quote