Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Seasonal Reading?

Ah...it's getting chilly here (finally!)! For some odd reason, I always get this urge to read really good, long classics when it's cold outside. For example, yesterday I was going out, putting my sweater on, and almost as soon as I got in the cool air I thought "ooh!!! I should read Jane Eyre again, or P&P, or Emma, or Great Expectations...." Something about cold weather and snuggling up to a good old classic....happy grinning sigh...
Anyone else get these yearnings to read particular books, or genres, in certain seasons/weather?
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Ah...it's getting chilly here (finally!)! For some odd reason, I always get this urge to read really good, long classics when it's cold outside. For example, yesterday I was going out, putting my sweater on, and almost as soon as I got in the cool air I thought "ooh!!! I should read Jane Eyre again, or P&P, or Emma, or Great Expectations...." Something about cold weather and snuggling up to a good old classic....happy grinning sigh...
Anyone else get these yearnings to read particular books, or genres, in certain seasons/weather?
Not really getting the urge to read a particular genre when it turns colder, but more of a fact that my craving for reading acts up when the autumn sets in.

Think it is realted to the fact that you are allowed to stay in during the rainy autumn days/nights more than anything
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hmmm - just started "Great Expectations" this weekend myself.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
We have Edna Kelley's The Book of Hallowe'en for anyone wanting something connected to the spooky season:

LRF:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14974
PRC:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14975
IMP:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14976
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I tend to read more in the fall/winter,mainly because often I go out less.But depending on the social calendar,my reading is more likely to be derailed,during the flurry of holidays.I had wanted to try a Seasonal Reading Challenge (which a friend of mine did over the summer,and I've since found the group over at goodreads)-but of course,before I had a chance to even read to figure out how to make it work,and what to read-work took over...but I would really like to do it the next go round..and maybe discover and re-discover some authors/genres.

...as a side note,when it gets really cold..I find I tend to want to read things that take place in VERY warm places LOL

...and this time of year..I find I always want to restart those books I never seem to finish !...although now that I have a few of them on my ereader...in theory it could actually happen this year
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
I tend to read more in the fall/winter,mainly because often I go out less.But depending on the social calendar,my reading is more likely to be derailed,during the flurry of holidays.I had wanted to try a Seasonal Reading Challenge (which a friend of mine did over the summer,and I've since found the group over at goodreads)-but of course,before I had a chance to even read to figure out how to make it work,and what to read-work took over...but I would really like to do it the next go round..and maybe discover and re-discover some authors/genres.

...as a side note,when it gets really cold..I find I tend to want to read things that take place in VERY warm places LOL
I know exactly what you mean - I always read books set in the polar regions in the summer (DVDs too) and books set in Egypt in the winter.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
LOL @ set in polar regions... I am a bit odd..in that most of the year I am always cold...so even if I read something set in polar regions in the summer...you'd likely find me snuggled up under a blanket doing so ! while drinking hot cocoa,of course !
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
For me, it's just more reading in general!

We just had 3 consecutive mornings of 33 F in the morning. It's probably already full-on winter in Canada.

Motorcycling and woodworking seasons are winding down for me, while reading, chess, and snowboarding are ramping up!
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Well, for this time of year - through next April, your three choices are watching TV, reading, or house cleaning. Well that really leaves two choices!
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote