Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
mimble
mimble began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 912
qt web browser downloads

This may well be my fault, but I would be grateful for advice.
A pocketbook 912 with 2.1.2 firmware.
In the standard, qt web browser, under Edit->preferences, there is an item "save downloads to".
There is a box there, but it will not take focus for the cursor. I cannot type into it.
Maybe not coincidentally, I cannot download files in the browser. They show up in downloads, but literally nothing happens if I click on "open".

Could somebody tell me,
* does downloading work for you ? Anything.. Just find a small pdf file for example
* what directory do downloaded files end up in ?

Why am I blaming myself ? I may well have deleted a directory the browser wants to use. I tend to clean up mercilessly and occasionally regret it.

Thanks if you could tell me if everything works for you.
mimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimble View Post
This may well be my fault, but I would be grateful for advice.
A pocketbook 912 with 2.1.2 firmware.
In the standard, qt web browser, under Edit->preferences, there is an item "save downloads to".
There is a box there, but it will not take focus for the cursor. I cannot type into it.
Maybe not coincidentally, I cannot download files in the browser. They show up in downloads, but literally nothing happens if I click on "open".

Could somebody tell me,
* does downloading work for you ? Anything.. Just find a small pdf file for example
* what directory do downloaded files end up in ?

Why am I blaming myself ? I may well have deleted a directory the browser wants to use. I tend to clean up mercilessly and occasionally regret it.

Thanks if you could tell me if everything works for you.
in my case they end up in a "Download" directory in the main memory - you can try and search for the document you downloaded to see if it is there. Note that some files don't show up (e..g I could not find an .xlsx file I had downloaded, not sure whether it does no show up because it is not supported).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
mimble
mimble began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
in my case they end up in a "Download" directory in the main memory -. [...].
Many thanks, but do you mean download, Download, downloads or Downloads ?
+ whereabouts in "main memory" ? Is the directory at exactly the same level as 'books' and 'applications' ?
Thanks
mimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I'm not sure if it's the same on my 902 (the browser isn't Qt-based), but I have a Downloads directory in the root of the main memory. They may have used the same location to make the firmware installation code simpler across different models.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimble View Post
Many thanks, but do you mean download, Download, downloads or Downloads ?
+ whereabouts in "main memory" ? Is the directory at exactly the same level as 'books' and 'applications' ?
Thanks
sorry, now I am travelling without the 903: however if you try and download a document and then search for it from the library search box, you will find the exact directory where it is. Note though that I don't think documents in incompatible formats are downloaded (e.g. a new excel file was simply not downloaded).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web browser