Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #31
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by craziskata View Post
I agree on the cooperation! You should be the designated bidder from MR and let us in on any extra working units
I will try to keep an eye on the auctions. I can handle testing and reshipping individual units...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #32
Shade1
Shade1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I will try to keep an eye on the auctions. I can handle testing and reshipping individual units...
Sounds like a plan
Shade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #33
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Is it just me or it's impossible to send a question to this seller? For all I know, just the top two units shown on photo could have screens intact -- the description is pretty vague.

I'm all up for cooperation and having just one of us bidding on these, but how do we then split these if they are all of different grades/conditions?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #34
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Is it just me or it's impossible to send a question to this seller? For all I know, just the top two units shown on photo could have screens intact -- the description is pretty vague.
You can ask questions towards the bottom of the listing (after the seller information):

Questions and answers about this item
Ask seller a question

Unlike the other seller, this seller is very honest in his description. This lot sounds perfect for the very talented Mr. Geek
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #35
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
You can ask questions towards the bottom of the listing (after the seller information):

Questions and answers about this item
Ask seller a question
Have you tried to send a question to this particular seller?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Have you tried to send a question to this particular seller?
No, but if you're having a problem asking a question, I believe that sellers can turn off the ability to ask questions.

Also any bidder who has specifically been blocked from a seller's auctions cannot ask a question.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #37
craziskata
craziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with others

Device: DXG
A working demo unit supposed to cycle through different images, correct?

Unless the seller charged each one and restarted we cannot be sure if any screens still work. It sounds like some do but that amount isn't specified.
craziskata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #38
Shade1

lol it looks like multiple people have been asking questions on the ebay website besides me.

The most complete response was:
"Overall cosmetic condition is good for almost all of these. Non Functiong Unit was nothing more than our testers notation to let us know these were not "real/working" units but rather Demo Units - so in this case - Non Funtioning/Demo Units means the same. Of the 24 units......2 have a bad screen for sure, 3-4 may/may not have problems and about 18 are good. So there may be as many as 22 good units or as few as 18."
Old 09-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #39
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade1 View Post
lol it looks like multiple people have been asking questions on the ebay website besides me.

The most complete response was:
"Overall cosmetic condition is good for almost all of these. Non Functiong Unit was nothing more than our testers notation to let us know these were not "real/working" units but rather Demo Units - so in this case - Non Funtioning/Demo Units means the same. Of the 24 units......2 have a bad screen for sure, 3-4 may/may not have problems and about 18 are good. So there may be as many as 22 good units or as few as 18."
I plan to snipe these at the last minute. Other auctions by this dealer too. What is a good maximum bid for each of these auctions? I can reship them at cost for whoever needs one...

I can accept PayPal when the time comes...
Old 09-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #40
geekmaster

It looks like they also have multiple lots of 40. They will probably have more of these auctions after this one completes. They estimate 25% with dead screens, it would appear. And they show a photo of a damaged screen in their 40 lot auction...

I will make a high bid to guarantee I get that in the last moments, but please do not drive up what I have to pay or my cost to you will be higher. I do not plan to profit on these. You will see what I paid when the auction completes. Hopefully, the price will not go above what I consider a fair price for a used kindle, and a demo at that...

I will post my progress when the auction completes. I plan to win both auctions.

How many people here want one?

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-23-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #41
seawhite
E Ink Lover
seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle DX white, Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard, K4NT
I want two. If too many people want it, I will just buy one.
Hope you win, finger crossed.
seawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #42
Shade1

I am also interested in just one. Paypal is the easiest method. The highest bidder right now for the DX is me with $42.89. I'll be sure to back off so that you can grab it at the lowest price.

Last edited by Shade1; 09-23-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #43
stangri
Addict

I believe it's all they have for K4 and DX models, as the auctions are listed for odd (as in weird) quantities: 24 and 27.

I'm up for a dozen (or however many are still available) of DXs if the screens are intact. Considering only 18 are said to have good screens I wouldn't go over $700 before shipping on that auction.

Since we don't know how many of the Touch/K3 models have broken screens, I'd say $15 a pop is a fair gamble on these. If the shipped (to me) price is kept under $25 per unit, I will take 4 of each, again, conditional on the screens being flawless.

I would also be reluctant to part with any money *before* these arrive to you, even tho I understand that you might be out for a significant chunk of dough if you win all 3 auctions. So let us know what your thoughts on the matter were.

PS. Maybe it's a good idea to create another hidden thread for discussing payments/money issues should you win any of the auctions.

PPS. Just a price indicator for the single-unit sales -- I've recently got two demo K3s for $35 each and a demo DXG at $60. The K3 was a Buy it Now price which lasted a day before I bought it and the DXG was an auction which I won.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #44
geekmaster

Hmm.... I thought the lot of 40 was for dx models. I see now that they are k3. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, or I may have bid too high.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #45
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Could I spoof it to use my K3 serial? Or is that out of the question?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote