Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-22-2023, 02:09 PM   #1
SillyStegosaurus
SillyStegosaurus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
BNRV300 Bookmarks Disappear

Got an old BNRV300 (Nook Simple Touch) and one issue with it is that bookmarks seem to disappear occasionally. Power cycling does not seem to be the culprit. What could be the cause?
SillyStegosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:30 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyStegosaurus View Post
Got an old BNRV300 (Nook Simple Touch) and one issue with it is that bookmarks seem to disappear occasionally. Power cycling does not seem to be the culprit. What could be the cause?
Man, that'll be tough to figure out on such an old device. When you are in the middle of reading a book and you restart, does it remember your current position? If that is happening, it is likely something wrong with the file.

I have a couple of Nook STs that I still use and have used for a decade. But I don't bookmark anything, so don't have enough experience to help.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2023, 12:11 PM   #3
nmyshkin
Enthusiast
nmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Simple Touch (2), Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyStegosaurus View Post
If this is a really important feature for you, I'd recommend a factory reset. Tracking down something like that (it could be a database corruption or...) would be difficult (especially if the device is not rooted).

With a complete factory reset (not just a deregister/register) you'll get a clean image of the system as it came from the factory and hopefully the ghost in the machine will be exorcised. Of course, you will have to update the firmware, but them's the breaks.
nmyshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:27 PM   #4
SillyStegosaurus
SillyStegosaurus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Almost seems to be an intermittent problem, when testing to find more details to provide the forum, I stopped seeing it occur!

@nmyshkin, if it comes back I'll try a factory reset, that should be pretty safe to do and I'm sure I can find instructions already available on this forum for such an old device. Thank you!
SillyStegosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook simple touch