Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
JackErbes
Enthusiast
JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.

Device: K4 Non Touch, Fire HD (3rd Gen)
Android Files - Hidden or not?

I'm asking this here because I figure developers know the most about the android file systems.

Is part of the file system on a Samsung S9 andriod cell phone hidden from the user? And, if so, is there a way to see all the files on the phone?

I ask because I am unable to find the files for the audiobooks on my phone I that download from my library with a laptop (running on Mint Linux) using the Cloud Library. The library page says they are *.mp3 books but I can't find any *.mp3 files anywhere...

I use the laptop to check the books out and then download them from my android phone to listen to them. I am told that the laptop streams the audio for listening to the books and the arduino downloads and stores it on the phone.

Jack
JackErbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
JackErbes
Enthusiast
JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.

Device: K4 Non Touch, Fire HD (3rd Gen)
I think I found my own answer here:

https://www.androidauthority.com/pho...lained-744100/

And if I understand it, that is a lot of stuff you can't see unless you unlock and root a android phone.

This page is not encouraging as far as seeing much more:

https://www.androidcentral.com/root#F

It says there that ".. all the U.S. versions of the Galaxy S9 are locked up and encrypted..."

Jack
JackErbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert