Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #46
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That's only 3 pages per book!
Perhaps I should have clarified it better then. 100 books with a minimum of 300 pages per book!

So far I'm at 10 for the year. A bit behind schedule, but that's due to 1200+ page books from Peter F Hamilton.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #47
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
In 2010, I intend
  • Not to buy any more ebooks until at least my birthday on 8th May
  • To buy as few ebooks as I can possibly manage after that
  • To get my "to be read" folder below 200* by the end of the year
Well, here we are, nearly half way through the year, and I haven't done too well so far.

I couldn't resist some of the splendid Fictionwise offers in the early part of the year. My major lapse was buying 70+ Agatha Christie novels.
My birthday has now passed, and I haven't bought many since my birthday, and I expect I won't be buying very many, as a goal now is to read two or more books from my TBR pile for every one book I buy. With eight books read, and only three bought so far, I'm just managing that.

So, despite having completed 75 books so far this year (well, 74 - there was one I didn't want to finish), my TBR folder is still above 400.

I have to say I'm very pleased at having decided to keep track of books read this year. I've enjoyed nearly all the books, but being able to look back at the list reminds me of the especially good ones.

I think I will have to have a serious sort through my folder, and remove books that I've read in paper format, or books that I really only want for reference, to see how many books really belong in my "to be read" folder, rather than just ones I have and haven't read in ebook form.

My current goal is to have my TBR below 300 by the end of the year. I might just make it, with a bit of winnowing.

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-26-2010 at 03:44 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 03:30 AM   #48
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm a bit behind schedule. To date I'm at 39, and busy with number 40. My reading pace has declined somewhat since other things keep popping up that needs to be done, cutting into my reading time severely.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #49
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm way behind my goal. If only reading MobileRead posts counted!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #50
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I am at about 55 books, surprisingly. I've been on a YA kick for the past few months, so some of the books are not very lengthy, so that might account for the high number.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #51
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm at 102 books for the year and almost done with 103. I've been very behind this month - I think I read too many books on vacation and needed a break. I'm not doing very well with my specific goals, but I've read a few books for the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote