Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #466
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
I assume it is not auto switching to 240 volts (many chargers from China does auto switch), which means a plug adapter will be unsuitable. Any details on specification so I can get another here?

If details not available, I can still use the MicroUSB plug to charge the unit - got too many of there sitting around the place.
Can you help educate me on this? I'm a US citizen, so I can describe my experiences. When I buy a converter, there are two components: 1) A voltage converter that modifies voltage as appropriate; and 2) A plug that coverts the shape of the plug from the US to the appropriate country.

As far as I know, if it is auto-switching, I just use the plug converter and skip the voltage converter. This means a cheap plug converter without a voltage converter would work fine. Like this one here:
http://www.amazon.com/All-One-Travel...0819392&sr=1-1

What is it that I am overlooking?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #467
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
These idiots would sell their mother on a Ponzi scheme.
Hmm, buy a mother (to cook and clean). Now that's a great idea. Definitely cheaper than a wife! - Getting side tracked here.

See what happens when we have to sit here and do a "Is it here yet?"
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #468
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
As far as I know, if it is auto-switching, I just use the plug converter and skip the voltage converter. This means a cheap plug converter without a voltage converter would work fine.
Exactly. Just needs one of those, and the unit can be charged anywhere in the world.

Add the supplied USB to MicroUSB cable, and you can even charge in on a plane (Qantas has these USB ports on every seat on their new A380).
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #469
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
Mine is in ab out 4 weeks, I hope I get it by then....
congrats by the way!
Thanks SD!

I'll check the mail on my lunch today, but the only packages I am expecting are some tobacco, and 1000 crickets.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #470
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Thanks SD!

I'll check the mail on my lunch today, but the only packages I am expecting are some tobacco, and 1000 crickets.
what the hell are you doing with 1000 crickets? attacking a country?
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #471
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gots ta feed my beardie! She's hawngry!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #472
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
what the hell are you doing with 1000 crickets? attacking a country?
Naaw. In his other guise, Griffonwing is the Arkansas Traveler. I picture him in his overalls with a hay stem sticking out of his mouth as he sprawls by the crick out back. Rather than a cane pole he has a sturdy stick that he picked up from the forest.

.. and of course in the pocket of his overalls he has the netbook he hooked up to his cell phone watch so he could buy crickets online for use as bait.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #473
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Naaw. In his other guise, Griffonwing is the Arkansas Traveler. I picture him in his overalls with a hay stem sticking out of his mouth as he sprawls by the crick out back. Rather than a cane pole he has a sturdy stick that he picked up from the forest.

.. and of course in the pocket of his overalls he has the netbook he hooked up to his cell phone watch so he could buy crickets online for use as bait.
If you've never sat barefoot, with a cane pole, feet dangling in the water of a cool brook in an Arkansas forest, you ain't lived.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #474
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
What happens when "is it here yet"

Quote:
Hmm, buy a mother (to cook and clean). Now that's a great idea. Definitely cheaper than a wife! - Getting side tracked here.

See what happens when we have to sit here and do a "Is it here yet?"
Dear rling:

I know. I am waiting for DMV to send my "Pink Slip" to my Clunker. Been waiting for more than two weeks. Now the program is ending Monday. You think you are waiting? I am on pins and needles.

I expect an update on Monday or earlier from my guy in Taiwan. He will call China and get the latest on shipping!

If all goes well today with the shoot, we will have a very down-to-earth video up on YouTube on the Pocket PRO to drive you even more crazy.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #475
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Agreed... crickets are the way to wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
If you've never sat barefoot, with a cane pole, feet dangling in the water of a cool brook in an Arkansas forest, you ain't lived.
Dear Griffonwing and emellaich:

Now, that is a mental picture! That is more than enough to make me want to hop in a plane and get to Arkansas and go fishin! Griffonwing, you make me jealous!

When I was a teen, my dad moved us to a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri (pronounced "Miz-oore-ah" for two years. The lady two blocks away would let me fish in the farm pond. For two years I fished every day after high school and all weekend. THAT is living!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #476
Robertb

Will try today, Aussie!!

Quote:
Here in Australia. Would appreciate it if you could advise me. Would not mind a second unit for myself, if the postage could be reduced.
Let me see what can be done!! Will get back to you!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #477
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:

I understood : nothing
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #478
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Robert, I have a question about margins. I am a little apprehensive about filling the entire page with text. I would like a little margin around the edges.

With the Pocket Pro, will the user be able to set margins around the text?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #479
Robertb

Margins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Robert, I have a question about margins. I am a little apprehensive about filling the entire page with text. I would like a little margin around the edges.

With the Pocket Pro, will the user be able to set margins around the text?
I believe that Wallcraft answered this same question somewhere on some thread I was reading yesterday. Maybe this same one.

I believe that margins are largely set by Adobe and their Adobe Digital Editions. In the case that I am wrong, which is certainly more than possible, I will bring this up to my tech people and my factory. My head tech would know immediately but he is out of the country with a death in the family and we are limping along while he is gone.

May I get back on this to you?

Wallcraft: please help!!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #480
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
May I get back on this to you?
Sure, Robert, no hurry!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote