Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-26-2017, 05:38 AM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Glitch in F&R?

Currently using v2.85.1 64bit

I'm not sure if this happens to others, or what makes it happen.

The 'set up': I need to find each instance of an error (example you're, because sometimes it might need to be changed to your) and I have to look at them one by one.

The 'problem': Occasionally (although it seems to happen more often lately), if I hit Find and it goes to the next instance (or if I hit Replace and Find - pretty sure it happens in both instances, but definitely with Replace and Find) it goes to the word but it is somewhere off the screen. To find the item, I have to either move the cursor to resituate the view, or scroll up through the file, and sometimes it is quite a long ways off. It is definitely not in the same paragraph.

It has very rarely happened on the first instance of hitting Find (I've noted it happening only once), it is generally when I need to find multiple items one by one. It used to happen *maybe* once in a session, but lately more. My latest one, out of 16 instances, 7 were off screen.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I do something similar as you, but not with the problems you describe, however I use the keyboard.

Could be a sticky mouse, try using F3, rather than clicking Find.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
I really wouldn't think it's a sticky mouse...How would that center the screen AWAY from a result? Plus it wouldn't really accept a double click if I used 'Replace and Find' button.

Also, last night and this morning it happened on my first find, which I always do by hitting 'Enter' rather than clicking 'Find'. (I've been taking care to note when it happens, if always with Replace and Find, or perhaps every X number of times).
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've never seen it on my systems.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote