Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
SGBELVERTA
SGBELVERTA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
MOVE LIBRARY BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN PC'S

Hi Group,

I need to move my Calibre library between 2 PC's on a weekly basis. This should be a cut and past job using the same file name, but Calibre seems to make this difficult. Can anyone provide me step by step instructions to do this? I see the save to disk option, but no restore from disk option. This does have to be done using a USB flash drive. I can't use the Internet for security reasons on one of the PC's.

Thanks for feedback and help.
SGBELVERTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
If you are using the latest version of Calibre then you can make use of the new export/import function.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=3227695
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe you need to use Calibre Portable that places the library and program / configuration on a USB stick and just plug the stick into whichever PC you are at and run calibre from the stick.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Easiest to use calibre Portable.

Alternatively, you can store the library on the flashdrive. Right-click the Library icon in the toolbar, select "Switch/Create library". One of the options is to move a library.

Then add that library to calibre on your other computer, via the same dialog.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
For these kind of activities I use a USB-Stick and a sync tool like MS SyncToy. In addition a portable calibre installation on it. You can do a one way or two way sync. I do only one way as I don't want to touch my master library.
With this solution it is easy to have a complete library in the pocket and a elegant way for updating huge libraries on different locations.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
move, restore