Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 AM   #1786
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Oh my, I think that I'm going to have to abandon this thread . . . .
Then do so. Don't tell everyone else that you're going to, though.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #1787
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
When you get them, can you let me know what the quality is like? I have the IA ones also and I'm considering getting these, but... so many things on my wishlist already.
I received the Sinatra Timex shows yesterday and watched the first of the DVDs last night. The quality seems about the same as the Internet Archive downloads--maybe a little bit better, but certainly not something that would wow you. There is a menu for all the songs, so that's nice for finding something specific. All the Timex commercials are included, which I like. There's no bonus material; there's not even a booklet.

I'm glad I purchased the shows, but this isn't a must-buy.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #1788
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I received the Sinatra Timex shows yesterday and watched the first of the DVDs last night. The quality seems about the same as the Internet Archive downloads--maybe a little bit better, but certainly not something that would wow you. There is a menu for all the songs, so that's nice for finding something specific. All the Timex commercials are included, which I like. There's no bonus material; there's not even a booklet.

I'm glad I purchased the shows, but this isn't a must-buy.
Thanks for the info. I'll pass on these then.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #1789
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll pass on these then.
Maybe you already know this, but I meant to mention in my previous post (and sorry for going off topic), that there's an upcoming PBS broadcast of the Sinatra-produced JFK Inaugural Gala, in honor of the 100th anniversary of JFK's birth. In my area it's first being shown June 3; check your local listings.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #1790
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Maybe you already know this, but I meant to mention in my previous post (and sorry for going off topic), that there's an upcoming PBS broadcast of the Sinatra-produced JFK Inaugural Gala, in honor of the 100th anniversary of JFK's birth. In my area it's first being shown June 3; check your local listings.
Oooh! I had no idea! Thank you, again!
Advert
Old 05-23-2017, 08:06 PM   #1791
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
More CD box sets...

Funky Jazz Organs - $4.97
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A2H3A8/

Julie London - Ultimate Collection - $10.06
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Coll...dp/B000FOPRSQ/

Bird & Diz - $10.98
https://www.amazon.com/Bird-Diz-Gill...dp/B00R6AOZYO/

Bill Laswell & Material - $12.99
https://www.amazon.com/Bill-Laswell-...dp/B000CQKZH0/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #1792
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Julie London - Ultimate Collection - $10.06
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Coll...dp/B000FOPRSQ/
I need more Julie London and this is perfect!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #1793
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm confident that many Europeans here know more than I do about this, but here's what I understand the situation to be:

Music recorded before 1963 is in the public domain. Some record companies are selling public domain CDs without making the effort to ensure that the fidelity is good.

As a result, I am trying to limit my CD suggestions to the record companies which own the masters.

I don't know how old a movie must be to enter the public domain in Europe.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #1794
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
On those rare occasions when I want a hard copy of music/CD I will go to Ebay or Amazon market place and buy it used. I've had good luck doing this and rarely pay more than 4-5 dollars. Once you rip it to digital there is no difference between it and buying an MP3. Indeed, rip it to ogg or even higher quality format and it is better than a purchased mp3.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #1795
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

More CD box sets....

Diana Krall - Quiet Nights (CD + DVD) - $10.35 or $4.57 + 3.99
https://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Nights-...dp/B002JCMZA0/

The Real Bossa Nova - $11.39 or $5.09 + 3.99
https://www.amazon.com/Real-Bossa-No...dp/B00IMRFCL0/
Old 05-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #1796
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free video game until around 10 AM Pacific Time on May 27th as part of a promo for the Humble Bundle Store's Spring Sale Encore extension:

Rising Storm: Game of the Year Edition, a military first-person-shooter game in the Red Orchestra franchise (Wikipedia), this one set in the Pacific Theatre of WWII @ Humble Bundle store (Windows via Steam key, require a Steam account linked to your Humble Bundle account and needs to be redeemed in the Steam app before June 10th)

Quote:
INCLUDES ALL RED ORCHESTRA 2 MULTIPLAYER CONTENT!

Rising Storm is the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. You know the great gameplay, innovative features and realistic audio and graphics of RO2 - Rising Storm will take this to the Pacific Theater, adding even more features, new levels, new weapons and new factions. The game will allow the player to fight across iconic locations from the famous island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific from 1942 to 1945, as the US Army and Marine Corps fight it out with the Imperial Japanese army and Special Naval Landing Forces. Players will experience beach assaults, jungle fighting, close quarters night fighting and more across Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Saipan, among other iconic battles. The player is able to take the part of either side – American or Japanese – battling it out online in multiplayer on up to 64-player servers.

Rising Storm also introduces an entirely new type of gameplay to the franchise - asymmetrical warfare. The American’s have the apparent advantage in firepower with their fast firing semi-automatic rifles, fully automatic weapons, and devastating flamethrower. The Japanese balance this out with gameplay elements that model their raw courage, ferocity, and cunning use of equipment. Their knee mortars allow them to rain indirect fire down on their enemies from anywhere in the map. Grenades can be planted and turned into booby-traps for unwary GIs. The Japanese put very high store on close-quarter combat, with a bayonet on almost every weapon – even machine guns and SMGs. Their banzai charge suppresses the enemy making it difficult for them to return fire and gives them an opportunity to close in to use bayonets and katanas on their opponents.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #1797
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

More DVD box sets...

Night Court - Season 1 - $7.50
https://www.amazon.com/Night-Court-S...dp/B0006N2EZK/

Hey Vern, It's Ernest! (complete) - $8.49
https://www.amazon.com/Hey-Vern-Its-...dp/B004DOTKAK/

Just Shoot Me - Seasons 1 and 2 - $7.88
https://www.amazon.com/Just-Shoot-Me...dp/B0001Z3I0S/

Charlie's Angels - Season 1 - $7.97
https://www.amazon.com/Charlies-Ange...dp/B00GOC750Q/

Starsky & Hutch - Season 1 - $5.00
https://www.amazon.com/Starsky-Hutch...dp/B00H8P6U0O/

Holiday TV Classics: 49 TV Classic Episodes - $5.89
https://www.amazon.com/Holiday-TV-Cl...dp/B00198PJNA/

Duck Dynasty - Season 2 - $5.00
https://www.amazon.com/Duck-Dynasty-...dp/B00AQAZZ1S/

Duck Dynasty - Season 1 - $5.13
https://www.amazon.com/Duck-Dynasty-...dp/B008NNY9XU/

What's Happening!! - Season 1 - $5.18
https://www.amazon.com/Whats-Happeni...dp/B0000ZMH92/

Ally McBeal - Season 5 - $5.51
https://www.amazon.com/Ally-McBeal-S...dp/B002KQ6UE2/

One Step Beyond (20 ep.) - $5.56
https://www.amazon.com/One-Step-Beyo...dp/B001FAYKHS/

Stargate SG-1 - Season 8 - $5.65
https://www.amazon.com/Stargate-SG-1...dp/6302020190/

100 Family Cartoons, vol. 3 - $5.74
https://www.amazon.com/100-Family-Ca...dp/B005G7WGYA/
Old 05-26-2017, 11:46 PM   #1798
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I snagged these:

Highway to Heaven
Gidget
Third rock from the Sun
Mork and Mindy
Speed Racer

GA Russell thank you for sharing the DVD sales, I think. Now can somebody get me a deal on a wi-fi enabled external hard drive to put these on.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #1799
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Get one free track from Navis Classics Naum Grubert, piano, Chopin Recital.

This is a DSD64. Not all audio players can play this format, apparently. Yours may not. I couldn't find one among the players (freebies, shareware, etc.) on my computer that would. I'm going to find one, if possible, on CNET downloads or somewhere else. In the meantime, if you find a free one that will play this, please pass along the information to the rest of us.

https://www.nativedsd.com/. Link is near the top of the page on a semi-transparent button on a photo of Naum Grubert (dressed in a suit!) walking through some sand dunes).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-27-2017 at 03:12 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #1800
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
15% off all purchases for today only (May 27th) across StackSocial store sites using coupon code MEMDAY15 in the checkout.

They have a number of current discounted Mac software offers with apps of potential interest to MR forum-goers, including:
  • Margin Note Pro for Mac, an ePub & PDF-reading application which lets you annotate and highlight and create flashcards and mind-maps for study purposes, with exports to various formats (export is apparently one of the Pro features vs the regular version which is considerably cheaper). You can download a free trial from their website, and so far it seems to work decently enough. ETA: review of the iOS version which shows off the key features, for which there is a freebie “lite” version as well.
  • The Supersized Mac Creative Bundle which among other things, includes the creative writing application Storyist and the brainstorming application Scapple (from the makers of popular creative writing program Scrivener), which is recommended in this post in our Writers' Corner forum.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere