Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #31
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I found a bug in 1.41. For some reason it found the same name multiple times and showed them in front of the | in the aliases file twice. If you then continue, it crashes.

Like this:
Bob the Builder|Bob
Frop|
Bob the Builder|

Not sure it was due to this, or to this situation:
Bob the Builder|Bob
Bob|Bob the Builder

I quickly fixed it with a bit of Python:
input = <string with duplicates>
split_input = input.split("\n")
print "\n".join(sorted(set(split_input)))

Maybe you can do something similar inside the application?

<furthermore I had a PEBKAC error, I didn't put the generated file in the SDR folder. The output works fine if I put it there>

Last edited by Nvidiot; 12-03-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: PEBKAC
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #32
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidiot View Post
I found a bug in 1.41. For some reason it found the same name multiple times and showed them in front of the | in the aliases file twice. If you then continue, it crashes.
I uploaded a 1.42 that should hopefully deal with that a bit better. Were there duplicate terms on Shelfari or if there was a duplicate alias added manually?
It won't join the aliases/terms together, but it will output a message and in theory not crash from it. If Shelfari contains duplicates, they should probably be deleted/merged on the site before building.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #33
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
I uploaded a 1.42 that should hopefully deal with that a bit better. Were there duplicate terms on Shelfari or if there was a duplicate alias added manually?
It won't join the aliases/terms together, but it will output a message and in theory not crash from it. If Shelfari contains duplicates, they should probably be deleted/merged on the site before building.
Looks like the Shelfari page has duplicates. Thanks for the VERY fast fix! I guess I should check and fix the Shelfari page before importing
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #34
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidiot View Post
Looks like the Shelfari page has duplicates. Thanks for the VERY fast fix! I guess I should check and fix the Shelfari page before importing
I had very little to do at work today :P
I find that the Shelfari entries for the books I'm working on are always garbage and need fixing anyway. Duplicates, spelling errors, horrible information, etc.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #35
Ephemerality
Addict

A new version (1.43) has been uploaded, which should fix the issue with the new format files not working on the PW2 and Voyage. I also added a converter which loads an old format file and converts it to the new format.
Advert
Old 12-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #36
kib2
kib2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch With Glowlight
Thanks a lot Ephemerality for this excellent program.
For the first time, I was able to see XRay working (on 2 books).

P.S: the first time I launched XRay, I had an error, but after a retry it was OK.
kib2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #37
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
@Ephemerality
1.43 still has issue with ASIN containing blank(s) or period: It gets truncated at these characters as well as names of *.aliases and *.asc files.
My file name ( ASIN is equal to file name) have one of these templates: N - title.azw3 or N. title.azw3 where N is number in series and title may have white spaces.

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 12-11-2014 at 02:29 AM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #38
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
@Ephemerality
1.43 still has issue with ASIN containing blank(s) or period: It gets truncated at these characters as well as names of *.aliases and *.asc files.
My file name ( ASIN is equal to file name) have one of these templates: N - title.azw3 or N. title.azw3 where N is number in series and title may have white spaces.
1.44 should resolve this. If not, let me know.
I updated the command line version to include this change as well.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:39 AM   #39
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Yes, this is resolved, thanks!
However, I see other issues on on PW2 (5.6.1), new X-Ray format.
First:
I'm processing book written by Canadian author about events in Quebec suburb. Book contains multiple French names containing French accents. All those accents are displayed as garbled in X-Ray window, replaced by wrong symbols. Some of names are listed as "location not found" I guess due to the same issue.
Second:
List of character descriptions from Shelfari page looks very funny because entire column of descriptions is shifted down one position so that one person is described as a dog, and other persons characteristics are all messed up due to this shift. Shelfari list looks quite in perfect order.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:44 AM   #40
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Yes, this is resolved, thanks!
However, I see other issues on on PW2 (5.6.1), new X-Ray format.
First:
I'm processing book written by Canadian author about events in Quebec suburb. Book contains multiple French names containing French accents. All those accents are displayed as garbled in X-Ray window, replaced by wrong symbols. Some of names are listed as "location not found" I guess due to the same issue.
Second:
List of character descriptions from Shelfari page looks very funny because entire column of descriptions is shifted down one position so that one person is described as a dog, and other persons characteristics are all messed up due to this shift. Shelfari list looks quite in perfect order.
I'll have to find a book to test this with, I test with English books so I tend to forget that accented characters can cause issues. Not sure what I'll have to do with it to fix that one, without breaking anything else...
Odd that the descriptions are shifted, I must have counted the IDs wrong somewhere. The only device I have to test on is my Android phone, so it's been kind of a pain testing the new format. I'll have a look at it and upload a new version. I got a laugh out of the person being described as a dog though :P
Old 12-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #41
Wobble
Wobble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hey,
I am new to this forum, but I like your app. Unfortunately, it does not work for me.
I get a similar (or same?) error message as pakiyabhai. I used the 1.4.6 GUI version with A song of ice and fire - game of thrones". Hence it does not generate the xray file. As soon I manage to do that I will try on a Kindle Voyage.
Wobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:15 AM   #42
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
Hey,
I am new to this forum, but I like your app. Unfortunately, it does not work for me.
I get a similar (or same?) error message as pakiyabhai. I used the 1.4.6 GUI version with A song of ice and fire - game of thrones". Hence it does not generate the xray file. As soon I manage to do that I will try on a Kindle Voyage.
I don't think he ever got back to me with any more details. Does it work with any other books? Do you have .Net Framework 4.0 installed?
Old 12-19-2014, 02:49 AM   #43
EbokJunkie
Addict

Experimented with A Game of Thrones (version 1.46). It works...but fails to find mentions of a good half of characters. Just one example: Khal Drogo. Search finds 124 entries, X-Ray builder finds none. Sure, search identifies cases when "khal" and "Drogo" are separated by a few words (but are within the same location), finds "Drogo's" but still the difference between 100+ and None is striking.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:06 AM   #44
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Experimented with A Game of Thrones (version 1.46). It works...but fails to find mentions of a good half of characters. Just one example: Khal Drogo. Search finds 124 entries, X-Ray builder finds none. Sure, search identifies cases when "khal" and "Drogo" are separated by a few words (but are within the same location), finds "Drogo's" but still the difference between 100+ and None is striking.
That's odd. It works fine in my copy of A Game Of Thrones, granted mine doesn't have soft-hyphens or anything fancy. Would you be able to send me yours to have a look at?
Old 12-19-2014, 04:01 AM   #45
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I thought I had finally got this working when the XRay button started showing up in the books I'd processed in your tool, but nope, it's always greyed out?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray