Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #376
ktv
ktv began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I really like the look of the File Manager now and the file selection is much better with the separation of the menu items.

The X in the corner looks closer to the right edge, now and I still can't get it to do anything.

On my Aura, in the File Manager, the page # and right & left chevrons are halfway under the bezel and I can't get it to work like it does for the Contents pages.

Is the light supposed to come on when you select a file?

Love the Go to function.

Is there a way to set a default for the Margins setting?

All in all some great giant steps forward. This is looking very close to what an average reader could appreciate, and use without problem.

Luck;
Ken
You can modify koptoptions.lua(koreader/fronted/ui/data) to set a default for the Margins setting.

name = "page_margin",
name_text = PAGE_MARGIN_STR,
toggle = {SMALL_STR, MEDIUM_STR, LARGE_STR},
values = {0.01, 0.02, 0.05},
default_value = 0.02,
ktv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #377
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktv View Post
You can modify koptoptions.lua(koreader/fronted/ui/data) to set a default for the Margins setting.

name = "page_margin",
name_text = PAGE_MARGIN_STR,
toggle = {SMALL_STR, MEDIUM_STR, LARGE_STR},
values = {0.01, 0.02, 0.05},
default_value = 0.02,
Thanks;

I think I might try:

values={0.02, 0.05, 0.08},
default_value=0.05,

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; The values that I see are different and the default is a variable. I am using the new build, perhaps that explains the difference.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-06-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #378
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
The X in the corner looks closer to the right edge, now and I still can't get it to do anything.
you have a big finger then! I'll move it a bit to the left then.

Quote:
On my Aura, in the File Manager, the page # and right & left chevrons are halfway under the bezel and I can't get it to work like it does for the Contents pages.
I've noticed the page # being out of the screen; but, what are those chevrons you're mentioning? To change page, you just have to swipe left and right; if there's some other way, I've never noticed!

Quote:
Is the light supposed to come on when you select a file?
Yes, that's still a bit rough. The thing is there's no way (that I know of) to know the "state" the light is currently in; so by default it is turned on. The intensity is the last one you selected.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #379
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess the chevrons (< page#>) are just indicators, if you are on the first page then the left < chevron is gray because there is no page before the one you are on. If you are on the last page it is the right > chevron that is gray.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #380
rehemiau
Enthusiast
rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini
Hi, I'm new here and I just got the Koreader working using fmon on my Kobo Mini @ 2.6.1 (I'm using the up-to-date koreader version from the first post, tried a nightbuild from github but it was crashing instantly).
I use it for reading PDF files, Mini's screen is just too small to read them in portrait mode and koreader is very comfortable in landscape (unlike the default reader -,- )

I also tried the one-step solution by Markismus and I loved the 'sleep' functionality, i just want to be able to lock my touch screen

Should it work in the original koreader or is it got to work using a modification? Couldn't find it in the thread :/

Keep up the good work, it's almost ideal

PS: I also get some random crashes (segmentation fault) and the logfile says:
Quote:
NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal:[WARNING]Config version too old !! Please update config file !!
Segmentation fault
Is that about koreader config file or my kobo mini config file?

Last edited by rehemiau; 08-07-2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: postscriptum
rehemiau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #381
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just noticed touch input is messed up in firmware 2.8.1 for devices different than Aura (just tested on my Glo). It seems the same problem reported by @someGuyHere, could you confirm you're running 2.8.1?

about
Quote:
NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal:[WARNING]Config version too old !! Please update config file !!
this is an internal kobo warning that is spit out when reading the model, you can safely ignore that.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #382
rehemiau
Enthusiast
rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rehemiau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehemiau View Post
using fmon on my Kobo Mini @ 2.6.1
Input works fine, even the X in filemanager works :3
The problem is when I slide my power button in koreader nothing changes.
With Markismus's version it is toggling the 'sleep mode'

koreader-v2013.03-396-g1be83ab.zip (which I recall I am using) feels more stable than Markismus's version on my Mini, even despite random crashes occuring while using menus. All I do is just open an ebook, pray for the 'go to page' functionality not to crash and read. I can't even go back to the filemanager, but that's not what I need the most. I would realllly love to be able to toggle the screen lock

As I understand Mini isn't being fully tested, I would love to help you guys as much as I can tomorrow I will try to make a factory reset, updates + another clean install of fmon and koreader to confirm the problem
Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #383
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
can't wait for the easy installation
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #384
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pietro View Post
can't wait for the easy installation
Yes, for the AuraHD user, at least, Giorgio's latest port has some impressive new and improved features. Of course a new "official" build of the port will have effected the very unofficial mods and tweaks from cgm999 and Markismus that Markismus has packaged into his "1 Step Hack". We will all have to wait until those two find the time and/or interest for creating an updated package, if we are to see things as convenient as they have been and have the new improvements from the Official Port, also.

Giorgio, the one man development team, seems to have a lot that he has taken on just to get everything working across the Kobo Mark 4 device line. We should keep in mind that these kind of efforts are not the major occupation of those working on these projects, they all have real life matters to attend to. School, Jobs, Family, occasionally Sleep, all have a higher priority in most peoples lives. I am constantly amazed at the pace this unpaid effort has maintained lately.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #385
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
We should keep in mind that these kind of efforts are not the major occupation of those working on these projects, they all have real life matters to attend to. School, Jobs, Family, occasionally Sleep, all have a higher priority in most peoples lives. I am constantly amazed at the pace this unpaid effort has maintained lately.

Luck;
Ken
indeed, three cheers for all those contributing to this development!

And
Quote:
Of course a new "official" build of the port will have effected the very unofficial mods and tweaks from cgm999 and Markismus that Markismus has packaged into his "1 Step Hack". We will all have to wait until those two find the time and/or interest for creating an updated package, if we are to see things as convenient as they have been and have the new improvements from the Official Port, also.
eagerly looking forward to that!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #386
giorgio130
Time Waster

I've updated the attachment at the first post. Now it includes a file that will install all the hooks for "Files Monitor". I'd say it is close to a "1 step" solution; I've left out the "Files Monitor" installation only. I think it is better this way, since it gives segeyvl12 proper credit for it and you have to make it just once.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #387
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I've updated the attachment at the first post. Now it includes a file that will install all the hooks for "Files Monitor". I'd say it is close to a "1 step" solution; I've left out the "Files Monitor" installation only. I think it is better this way, since it gives segeyvl12 proper credit for it and you have to make it just once.
I have installed the latest version on my Mini by copying the koreader directory only, since I had kobolauncher installed already, and I can confirm everything works, including the fact that I can now reboot the device by pressing the (large ) X.

The problem I had is that upon rebooting I got told my library was empty (which it was not), so I had to do a sync again to fix things, which meant the device wanted to download 45 books, which takes a while!

Apart from this, it seems to be working well, though I will need to test it again.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #388
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
following the instructions on the first post i tried to install on kobo touch B v2.6.1... after installing all, it reboots, file manager appears but i can't do anyting...if i click on top it restarts, and can't power off

with 2.8.1 nothing happens, i see only the homepage

Last edited by _pietro; 08-08-2013 at 10:29 PM.
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #389
rehemiau
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I have installed the latest version on my Mini by copying the koreader directory only, since I had kobolauncher installed already, and I can confirm everything works, including the fact that I can now reboot the device by pressing the (large ) X.

The problem I had is that upon rebooting I got told my library was empty (which it was not), so I had to do a sync again to fix things, which meant the device wanted to download 45 books, which takes a while!

Apart from this, it seems to be working well, though I will need to test it again.
Yesterday I have installed the latest version on my Mini too, I did a clean install (from factory reset to 2.6.1), I used fmon instead of kobolauncher, everything works great,

But I have the same problem! After every reboot from koreader the library is empty (but book files are on my device, strange) and I have to connect to PC and use calibre to get it working again :<

Specifically, the 'books' listing gets empty, shelves stay the same but books listed in them are like ghosts, 'unknown' and they don't work.

I can't even launch koreader after a reboot because the .png disappears from library, too, I have to call a database refresh with calibre ;<

EDIT: I tried deleting the database and letting my kobo refresh it but that was just stupid -,-

Last edited by rehemiau; 08-09-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #390
rehemiau
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pietro View Post
following the instructions on the first post i tried to install on kobo touch B v2.6.1... after installing all, it reboots, file manager appears but i can't do anyting...if i click on top it restarts, and can't power off

with 2.8.1 nothing happens, i see only the homepage
I had that yesterday with 2.6.1, too. I really don't know how it happened, but i had to tear my Mini off, open minisd card with my phone and remove the koreader.png file so the file manager wouldn't start. I also swapped on_start.sh and koreader.sh with older ones but was too tired to check if that mattered (if there were any differences)