Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 10:45 PM   #496
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I found Colordict to be a pretty good dictionary but the app is clumsy and, even though I've set it up on a number of devices, I never can seem to get it quite right. It always works. It's just clumsy in different ways on each device.

Barry
No problems here but a little tip for multiple devices. You just copy the colordict folder over to your second device then install ColorDict when it opens it will index every dictionary in that folder. You then just set up the order you like each dictionary to display and then of course set it up as default in Moon+

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:31 AM   #497
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I found Colordict to be a pretty good dictionary but the app is clumsy and, even though I've set it up on a number of devices, I never can seem to get it quite right. It always works. It's just clumsy in different ways on each device.

Barry
same here, and when I googled it I got the strong impression that the rest of the world now thinks it is an obsolete approach.

works though, as you say - I think my setup brings up both the colordict definition and anything in wikipedia, though don't ask my how I configured that !
what I'd like to have is the way that bookari works, in that you can choose defaults from a variety of online lookups and as I read only on connected tablets, that would suit me better than an onboard dictionary
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 12:59 AM   #498
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't get the problem. You highlight a word choose dict. From the menu and the definition pops up. If you have more than one dictionary enabled you can scroll to the bottom. Easy peasy.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 05-29-2017, 01:31 AM   #499
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The hassle is installing colordict, not using it.
You have to install the app, go find and eparately install data, delete the thing you just installed..
I agree that it is easy to use, once jnstalled,but finding a matched set of components in the play store is less so.
And it lacks the extensive vocabulary of on line lookup dictionaries, unless I am missing some extended data install option
Old 05-29-2017, 02:26 AM   #500
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
The hassle is installing colordict, not using it.
You have to install the app, go find and eparately install data, delete the thing you just installed..
I agree that it is easy to use, once jnstalled,but finding a matched set of components in the play store is less so.
And it lacks the extensive vocabulary of on line lookup dictionaries, unless I am missing some extended data install option
I don't use the Playstore for dictionaries. Colordict supports stardict format so I use that which gives me plenty of options.

Sent from my XT1528
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 03:14 AM   #501
stumped
Wizard

Ok so where do you download the stardict files please, and how do you apply them, if not via an app store ?
I don't like having to allow and trust unknown sources
Old 05-29-2017, 03:29 AM   #502
stumped
Wizard

PS - I google stardict & find this

does not look attractive.

"The original StarDict project has recently been removed from SourceForge due to copyright infringement reports. Most of the files were lost with the demise of the project. The project has re-emerged here since then, though the legal issues may never have been resolved.

StarDict hasn't seen any active development for many years, while the world around hasn't stood still...
"
Old 08-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #503
allydc7
allydc7 began at the beginning.

Device: moon+ reader
Hi,

I tried using the reflow option on moon+ reader and it turns a few special characters such as " and ? into boxes. Does anybody know how to fix this issue? Like do I need to download a certain font or something... please let me know.

Thanks!
allydc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:16 AM   #504
tarantules
tarantules began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook - Galaxy S4-Galaxy S7
Hello....
I use Moon+ reader in two devices and I'm searching a way to backup the percentage of books I'm reading.
The problem is that I use one device for some days reading 3-4 books and when I go to other device with the same books I must find the exact page of every book I last read on the first device and this is frustrating.
So I want to find the path that moon+ reader uses to store this informations to copy/paste them to other device.
I tryied to use backup option of the program but it does'nt store this info.
Any idea how to solve this problem?
tarantules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:25 AM   #505
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantules View Post
Hello....
I use Moon+ reader in two devices and I'm searching a way to backup the percentage of books I'm reading.
The problem is that I use one device for some days reading 3-4 books and when I go to other device with the same books I must find the exact page of every book I last read on the first device and this is frustrating.
So I want to find the path that moon+ reader uses to store this informations to copy/paste them to other device.
I tryied to use backup option of the program but it does'nt store this info.
Any idea how to solve this problem?
you dont backup the program, you enable sync to cloud within preferences and allow it to access tou dropbox, g - drive or whatever your cloud preference is

the backup to dropbox, saves your notes and bookmarks. ( i have mine set to not also backup the whole book)
so all I do is bookmark the page I am on and exit the book.
when I then open that book on my other tablet I get a message - something like " dropbox has a new reading position - sync to it Y/N
actually, I think it shoudl save last page read ( technically it saves % read within current chapter, if you examine the dropbox files ) in dropbox anyway, assuming you have an online connect, the bookmarking step may not even be necessary
in dropbox I see two very small files created for each book, I think that one contains the reading position & the other contains notes, highlights etc. My dropbox path is /apps/books/moon+/cache....

Last edited by stumped; 08-31-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:27 AM   #506
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

You don't need to bookmark. I never do.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-31-2017, 09:13 AM   #507
tarantules
tarantules began at the beginning.

Device: Inkbook - Galaxy S4-Galaxy S7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
you dont backup the program, you enable sync to cloud within preferences and allow it to access tou dropbox, g - drive or whatever your cloud preference is

the backup to dropbox, saves your notes and bookmarks. ( i have mine set to not also backup the whole book)
so all I do is bookmark the page I am on and exit the book.
when I then open that book on my other tablet I get a message - something like " dropbox has a new reading position - sync to it Y/N
actually, I think it shoudl save last page read ( technically it saves % read within current chapter, if you examine the dropbox files ) in dropbox anyway, assuming you have an online connect, the bookmarking step may not even be necessary
in dropbox I see two very small files created for each book, I think that one contains the reading position & the other contains notes, highlights etc. My dropbox path is /apps/books/moon+/cache....
Thanks for the reply but unfortunatelly I don't use any cloud services.
tarantules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #508
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Take a few minutes, get a free Dropbox account, install the app and your done.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:11 AM   #509
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Take a few minutes, get a free Dropbox account, install the app and your done.
like the man says: the moon+ options are backup to cloud, or ... backup to cloud...

but dropbox, g drive etc are free and simple to set up. & the moon+ last page read backups will only use a tiny bit of space.
there is also an option to backup all of your program interface preferences to cloud, which is handy if you ever want to install to a new device.
if you really want to back up the local copy that moon+ uses to sync from, that is do-able but you have to search the android file system for the .db file location. I am not going to do it for you, just because you don't care for the previously suggested , and much easier to use, cloud solution.
the location of that database may be viewable / editable in program preferences.
I think it is the same location that moon+uses to locally store the book cover imagess

Last edited by stumped; 09-02-2017 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #510
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
If you have Android you automatically have a gdrive account when you signed up for a Google account.

Sent from my XT1528