Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #301
rezniknn
rezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic somethingrezniknn has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch

Hi guys,

I bricked my Kindle Touch today trying to unlock G-sensor... Now it's not even available as USB storage device, charge only

Unfortunately I can't even get started unbricking it, because MfgTool doesn't work for me

My actions:
-Plug KT in
-Press and hold Power
-Press Home after LED goes off
-Release Power
-Release Home
After that I see that KT is in USB/HID mode (it's displayed in Device Manager as shows on example screenshot), but the MfgTool doesn't work. It says "No USB ports selected" and Start button is unavailable.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Alex
rezniknn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #302
andysuth
andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle3
Drivers located where?

Hi,

I've tried looking through a fair few pages here, and I can't find the drivers to connect the Kindle once its in USB recovery mode.

Is there a link someone can provide please?

Thanks,

-Andy.
andysuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #303
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
try kubrick:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #304
laubo
laubo began at the beginning.

No USB Ports Selected

Hey guys,

I too fail to get my Kindle Touch to enter USB Recovery mode.

When I follow the steps, my Kindle Touch screen keeps saying 'USB Drive Mode' and my MfgTool says 'No USB Ports Selected'.

What should I do? Step by step, please.

Laurens
laubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #305
laubo

Also, when I press 'Options' > 'Configuration' > 'USB Ports', my MfgTool crashes. A related issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubo View Post
Hey guys,

When I follow the steps, my Kindle Touch screen keeps saying 'USB Drive Mode' and my MfgTool says 'No USB Ports Selected'.

Laurens
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #306
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by laubo View Post
Hey guys,

Laurens
*) Download Kubrick
*) Burn to CD
*) Boot from CD
*) Follow on-screen directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #307
laubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
*) Download Kubrick
*) Burn to CD
*) Boot from CD
*) Follow on-screen directions.
I finally just tried on a different computer. It worked. Duokan installed.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #308
silverzhao
Enthusiast
silverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I've upgraded my Kindle Touch to 5.3.7, and now everytime I reboot, it will hang on the tree screen, saying "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up."

I then have to plug it into the computer, and open MfgTool. Strangely, it will be recognized as a HID-compliant device automatically, no need to press any Magic button.

In MfgTool, I choose "Kindle main", press "Start", and then my KT will go on booting.

In total, it seems that my KT always stays in USB Recovery mode, so does anyone know how to go back to the normal mode?

Thank you!

--EDIT:--

Well, I've tried to hold the power button for seconds, and now it seems everything goes OK.

Last edited by silverzhao; 07-26-2013 at 04:30 AM.
silverzhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #309
Slon
Slon began at the beginning.

Hi guys,

In September I updated my Kindle Touch with the official update release and soon after that Kindle started freezing. For a while hard reset helped but now it is completely bricked.

It's not under warranty anymore so I've tried few methods to unbrick it but no luck so far. I have tried also Kubrick 3.6 (on both amd64 and old x386) and guide prepared from Silver18. Although I was charging Kindle for a whole week with wall charger, I just can't get it into fastboot. When in "USB downloader" boot mode it is detected as NS Blank CODX (libusb-win32 devices) but that’s it. When running/entering fastboot (in win7 or with Kubrick) the response is “waiting for device”.

I hope you guys have some additional suggestions how to unbrick it.
Slon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #310
lacrimal
lacrimal began at the beginning.

Device: K4 black
K4 almost dead :-)

First of all, this is my first post so Hi everybody !

I'm here because all things that supposed to bring back my kindle failed.

I'l give you basic information about what I already done.
My model is D01100. It is bricked with frozen page that appears few second after system is up (not all library loaded).

First problem - maybe main - is that battery, its behavior is different than reported on this forum. Led is always orange and never green, after few hours led turns off and ... battery stop loading.
How do I know that ? Because I measured voltage on device. If I leave my K4 connected to charger after few days (led is off) voltage on battery drops from about 3,9 V to 2,5 V and lower.
Also tried:
  • Kubrick - this stops working on switching device to fastboot.
  • MfgTool - power + down btn works and program reports successfully switch to fastboot but fastboot.exe after installing libusb driver gives 'Waiting for device...'
  • Loading while in fastboot mode - this giving strange behavior. Device is loading about 1 h and after that disconnect USB music appears.

My personal idea is to open device and try load battery from external USB charger (device is after warranty). I can also connect other 3,7 V battery but i guess it is tricky because K4 battery is smart type.

Can you give me some other options?

Thanks

P.S. English is not my first language so forgive me if something is unclear. And apologize resurrection - i missed last date.

Last edited by lacrimal; 10-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.
lacrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #311
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is your battery.

And on the K4 - the battery is glued in.

You are correct -
the K4 firmware **does** check the battery make/model.
So using an external battery is out.

Also it is possible the flash chip has been damaged.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=3

The good news:
The new KT2 is the same price the K4 was sold at.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:21 AM   #312
lacrimal

Thanks for your reply.
Since it sounds bad already, is there a point to connect other 3,7 V battery to existing one parallel and in this way to cheat smart firmware ?
I'm asking because if it is not battery then I'm stay with new one for $30 and prespective is to buy new kindle for next $100.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:28 AM   #313
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrimal View Post
Thanks for your reply.
Since it sounds bad already, is there a point to connect other 3,7 V battery to existing one parallel and in this way to cheat smart firmware ?
No, because old battery would still report as dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrimal View Post
I'm asking because if it is not battery then I'm stay with new one for $30 and prespective is to buy new kindle for next $100.
Sell the old one for "spare parts" -
that will reduce the cost to you of a new KT2.

Be certain to go to your Amazon account and de-register it before selling it.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #314
lacrimal

I'm so disappointed reading your replies :-)

But must admit - you got right.

Thanks

Tags
debricking, kindle mx50 select boot