Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
HeavyTZM
HeavyTZM began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer
Help Please - user defined USB problem

Hello, I'm new to this forum although I have been using Calibre for about a month. It worked great connecting to my ITunes, but now I have an Asus Transformer. First of all I can't figure out how to install the drivers from the Asus site, but that's another story. Therefore, Calibre will not recognize my Transformer as a mass storage device. So I decided to try to transfer my books to a microSD card and then to my Transformer. I customized the plug-in to send only Epub to the "user defined USB device." Most of my books were originally PDF which I converted to Epub through Calibre. It sent all these files fine when I did it with Itunes. But now when I send them to my microsd it sends the books as PDFs with two more document type things for the meta data and driver info. If the book was originally a Epub, I have no problem. Why won't it send the books to my microsd as Epub?? Thanks!
HeavyTZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Hmm... I suspect that the moderators will send this to the Calibre Forum but you might
also want to post your Transformer issues to the Android Forum.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
HeavyTZM

Oops! I didn't notice this was just for Ebooks. My bad!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyTZM View Post
Oops! I didn't notice this was just for Ebooks. My bad!
That's not it. The problems you describe can be better addressed in the
caliber forum and the android forums, so posting it here would not be as
likely to get a useful reply as it would in the other forums.

The Mobileread Forums in general, is the preeminent watering hole for those
of us who read ebook files on various devices. That said, many of those
same devices can also play .mp3 files. So there are likely to be members
who can address issues regarding those as well. You are more likely to
attract their attention in the other forums I mentioned.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
HeavyTZM

i will move this to the proper place
Advert