Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #466
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
The only real improvement I can think of now .. is to be honest. A bug fix. Duokan 2012 stops my Kindle OS internet detection. Rendering the once used and loved browser just wasted code.. Has anyone thought a fix for this yet?
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #467
Conner
Enthusiast

Until this is fixed. I am getting rid of Duokan.
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #468
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Until this is fixed. I am getting rid of Duokan.
You should report this bug to Duokan team via kindleuser@duokan.com if you want it to be fixed.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #469
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
You should report this bug to Duokan team via kindleuser@duokan.com if you want it to be fixed.
Hello thomass.

I've had:

2012-05-04.C9704.rtm

installed for a couple of days, first on K3, then K4NT, & in both cases, internet access works just fine.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #470
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
installed for a couple of days, first on K3, then K4NT, & in both cases, internet access works just fine.
Thanks for the feedback.

@Conner: I think a fresh install after a factory reset might fix your problem.
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #471
Conner
Enthusiast

hmmm thanks for the advice. I now have a new problem..... I click factory reset. and nothing happens.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #472
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
hmmm thanks for the advice. I now have a new problem..... I click factory reset. and nothing happens.
it seems to me that your both problems are irrelevant with installation of the Duokan. Try to remember the changes you made on system files of the Kindle OS.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #473
Conner
Enthusiast

That's the thing. All i have is : Jailbreak , Kite, Duokan 2012 , Launchpad , Screensaver Hack , CR3. On this kindle anyway.

But I havnt directly edited any system files!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #474
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
That's the thing. All i have is : Jailbreak , Kite, Duokan 2012 , Launchpad , Screensaver Hack , CR3. On this kindle anyway.

But I havnt directly edited any system files!
Then please use the email to get help from the Duokan team (and share the info with us.)
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #475
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
OT

This question is kind of OT: If you were to buy a new Kindle now for use with Duokan, which model would you buy? I know that they are currently developing Duokan for K4 touch and I would be willing to wait. Would you buy 4NT (no keyboard or TTS) or go for the touch model?
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #476
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
This question is kind of OT: If you were to buy a new Kindle now for use with Duokan, which model would you buy? I know that they are currently developing Duokan for K4 touch and I would be willing to wait. Would you buy 4NT (no keyboard or TTS) or go for the touch model?
I would buy a touch and wait for a version for it.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #477
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
according to Duokan website, the KT version is almost ready. it may be released at 5pm China time today.

Last edited by yiming; 05-10-2012 at 11:13 PM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #478
thomass
Wizard

update R4.0 ( first support for Kindle Touch)

for Kindle 3 and Kindle 4NT:
Mirrors for 2012-05-11.C10023.rtm
New features:
  • Support for search function on PDFs
    Spoiler:
Improvements:
  • Chinese character rendering is optimized;
  • To optimize the layout of the EPUB;
  • Optimized EPUB, MOBI, TXT lookup (enter the text from the search results will highlight the corresponding character).
Note: In addition to the EPUB format books, the search funtion now supports the remaining format to find the word where the percentage of display.
----------------------------------
for Kindle Touch:
Spoiler:
Mirrors for 2012-05-11.C10038.rtm( not for the Kindle Touch with 3G): kuaipan , vdisk

Supported formats: TXT, PDF, EPUB, MOBI, RAR / ZIP (Image Comics).

The main interface feature list:
  • 2.1 sort; recently read, by directory, recently joined by title;
  • 2.2 Book Search;
  • 2.3 main interface time display, the power percentage.
  • 3 Read the list of interface features:
  • 3.1 Add a bookmark;
  • 3.2 body jump;
  • 3.3 directory to jump;
  • 3.4 adjust the font size, font;
  • 3.5 layout options;
  • 3.6 font with black;
  • 3.7 PDF, turn the screen edge, separate bar, intelligent rearrangement, black and other functions;
  • 3.8 image transfer screen column.
  • 4 System Settings: System restart and switch the input method, read the layout settings, date and time.
a video to how to install Duokan on Touch is here(Chinese)

quoted from this page

Translated Documents in the installaton zip for Kindle Touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
The email that I have received from the developers states that the language support won't be available earlier than this July.

Last edited by thomass; 05-16-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #479
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
for Kindle 3 and Kindle 4NT:
Mirrors for 2012-05-11.C10023.rtm
New features:
Improvements:
for Kindle Touch:
Mirrors for 2012-05-11.C10038.rtm: kuaipan , vdisk

Supported formats: TXT, PDF, EPUB, MOBI, RAR / ZIP (Image Comics).

a video to how to install Duokan on Touch is here(Chinese)

quoted from this page

Translated Documents in the installaton zip for Kindle Touch:
Thank you thomass.

Installation is faster than non-Touch Kindles.

Language change isn't possible for me so far, as the drop down window (as shown on your pic' below) is greyed out, so can't be changed.

I'll report this on their bbs unless I find a way around it.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #480
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Language change isn't possible for me so far, as the drop down window (as shown on your pic' below) is greyed out, so can't be changed.
Thanks for the feedback. Then it is temporarily unavailable and will be added on the next versions. ( I didn't install it yet.)

Quote:
I'll report this on their bbs unless I find a way around it.

You can use the email address ( kindleuser@duokan.com) also

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf