Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
label90125
label90125 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Conversion error PDF => MOBI

I have a book that's currently in a PDF. I have a Kindle 2 and am attempting to convert this book from PDF to .MOBI format using Calibre to convert the book, but I'm noticing a recurring error that's very distracting while reading.

Many times if a word has to lowercase "l"'s, one of them will be removed and I can't figure out how to stop that from happening.

So, for instance, the word "thankfully" becomes "thankful y" or "Will" becomes "Wil ". I've tried converting with heuristics both on and off and it loses one of the "l"'s in both cases. Any thoughts on what I can do to get a better conversion from PDF to Mobi? the PDF form of the book is in great shape with no mistakes and great formatting so I'd love to be able to get a nice, clean, error-free conversion.

Thanks in advance for any help!
label90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by label90125 View Post
I have a book that's currently in a PDF. I have a Kindle 2 and am attempting to convert this book from PDF to .MOBI format using Calibre to convert the book, but I'm noticing a recurring error that's very distracting while reading.

Many times if a word has to lowercase "l"'s, one of them will be removed and I can't figure out how to stop that from happening.

So, for instance, the word "thankfully" becomes "thankful y" or "Will" becomes "Wil ". I've tried converting with heuristics both on and off and it loses one of the "l"'s in both cases. Any thoughts on what I can do to get a better conversion from PDF to Mobi? the PDF form of the book is in great shape with no mistakes and great formatting so I'd love to be able to get a nice, clean, error-free conversion.

Thanks in advance for any help!
READ Sticky 2
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
label90125
label90125 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Read........alright. I think I'll write a little program that'll go through and add back the missing "l"'s because that's really annoying and it should be relatively simple to clean up. Thanks for the tip.
label90125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf kindle conversion