Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
BlueFire App Finding

I downloaded DiskAid to be able to side load some books to my Kindle App on my iPhone. While in the program I checked out my BlueFire App folders. There were still books in the folders that I had previously deleted from the App. They do not show up in the BlueFire App on my iPhone, but when I access them from DiskAid they are still there.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I downloaded DiskAid to be able to side load some books to my Kindle App on my iPhone. While in the program I checked out my BlueFire App folders. There were still books in the folders that I had previously deleted from the App. They do not show up in the BlueFire App on my iPhone, but when I access them from DiskAid they are still there.

Carol
You can side-load using iTunes to either Kindle or Bluefire (with your iPhone connected, go to the Apps page and scroll down to 'File Sharing'). Not sure why you would want to use DiskAid instead. But you could at least check with iTunes to see if the books you see with DiskAid are among the 'Bluefire Documents'. If not, I guess I'm wondering if they really are ebooks (.epub or .pdf file extension) or some sidecar file (to remember reading position, notes, etc.).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can side-load using iTunes to either Kindle or Bluefire (with your iPhone connected, go to the Apps page and scroll down to 'File Sharing'). Not sure why you would want to use DiskAid instead. But you could at least check with iTunes to see if the books you see with DiskAid are among the 'Bluefire Documents'. If not, I guess I'm wondering if they really are ebooks (.epub or .pdf file extension) or some sidecar file (to remember reading position, notes, etc.).
Yes I am familiar with sideloading through iTunes, however that puts ebooks in the 'documents' folder and they will not sync with the kindle. If you sideload them to the 'library\ebooks' folder, they will usually sync to the last page read. That is why I use DiskAid. To be able to access the 'library\ebooks' folder.

They really are the ebook files in Bluefire. .epub extention. I copied it to my computer and was able to open it up.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote