Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #31
yggdrasil
yggdrasil began at the beginning.

Device: NAEB Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Well, except that Simmons drew on that ... root, of course.
Hadrien has it right - I bypassed Simmons and drew straight from the mythology (hadn't even read Simmons when I first started using the name). And it used to be Yggdrasilsroot, so I'm tickled by NatCh's comment
yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #32
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I love it when I pun without meaning to!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #33
mattimatt
Vits er þörf
mattimatt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Bookeen Gen3, iLiad
Actually the name should be Yggdrasill (or Askur Yggdrasill) if you want to quote the source which is not Old Norse but plain old Icelandic as we speak it now and have been speaking for the last 1100 years here in the land of fire, ice and sagas
But Yggdrasil is good enough..
mattimatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #34
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
When connected to a host machine through a standard mini-USB cable, the Cybook is seen as an external mass storage device. You just need to drag and drop your files in the device memory and you can start reading.
That is a great plus.
I can't tell you the problems in the past with all kinds of interconnection software that "works fine on all machines we tested it on" except yours.
Who can remember Hisync on the Hiebook?
Or the "sorry, not for Vista" software that comes with the Iliad..
Sometimes it was easyer to get an honest answer out of a politician than a connect from that software.

A big cheer for the good ole' USB connection as far as I am concerned.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #35
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High 5 View Post
Or the "sorry, not for Vista" software that comes with the Iliad..
Hmm, unfair comment, since the iLiad connects as an external mass storage device aswell. Companion Software is just a "plus" (ok, here we can start arguing ) on top of that.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2007, 06:21 AM   #36
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Hmm, unfair comment, since the iLiad connects as an external mass storage device aswell. Companion Software is just a "plus" (ok, here we can start arguing ) on top of that.
Nah, no argument from me.
Thank heaven for that connection as an external drive from the Iliad.
There is no other way for me to get inside my Iliad.

The positive thing about a 'simple' usb connection is that Cybook probably won't get into all kinds of complicated extra software with all sorts of nice goodies attached that won't be accessable any other way.
Hopefully the Cybook Ge3 will be what it should be, an ebook reader.
Not a device stranded somewhere between an ebook reader and a badly executed tablet pc, a mistake made with the first Cybook and with the Iliad.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote