Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
baloma
baloma began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus
cannot boot, stuck on boot screen

i just got new Cybook Opus, (pink color)

i tried to update the firmware (2.1), i dont know it was success or not, but now my cybook stuck on first screen.

everytime i press the power button, the green light flashing few times, and the screen is flashing. but back to first screen. and nothing happen.

now my windows 7 cannot detect my cybook. i saw a "cybook recovery mode" on windows device manager every time i plug my cybook opus.

anybody can help my opus?
thanks a lot

Last edited by baloma; 10-12-2010 at 06:55 AM.
baloma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Unless someone have a better idea, i would contact bookeen. Send a mail to support @ bookeen . com
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, baloma
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
baloma

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Unless someone have a better idea, i would contact bookeen. Send a mail to support @ bookeen . com
oke thanks... i will do it
Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
baloma

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, baloma
hehehe, thanks...
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #6
baloma

booken haven't reply my email, is it normal?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:32 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
They usually respond within 48h. If not, send an other mail.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Your Cybook is in a state where only bookeen staff can recover it.

You should contact them and specify that your Opus connect as in "recovery mode"
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #9
TheSeeR
TheSeeR began at the beginning.

Device: Bokeen Cybook Opus
Same thing with stucking on the boot up screen.

Recently bought the new color version of Cybook Opus 400Mhz, and tried to install the 2.1 1198 firmware. After doing all the prescribed procedures, and "Update successful. Please turon the power on" I did what was told, but my Opus just stuck on the boot up screen with the red LED flashing. It was charged by that time. Plugging off the battery didn't work. The boot up screen with the pic of Cybook was still on the screen. Dunno what to do now. COntacted Bookeen on this issue, waiting for the answer.

Could someone advise, will installing of the old 2.0 firmware work?
TheSeeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #10
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Red flashing ? Never saw this, now I don't think it's possible, looks like some hardware issue?!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #11
TheSeeR

The book is almost new, it's been 3 weeks my wife's been using it. Hardware issues? Don't think so...
The red light doesn't flash, my mistake. It goes on. After being fully charged, the green light went on. Seems like some software problem after installing new firmware. The only question is: why does the boot up picture never leave the screen? Even when switching the battery off.
Oh, one more thing. If I'm trying to insert the SD card and start the firmare installation again - the installation process goes on, then it goes "Update successful. Please turn the power on to restart", then I stick the SD card out and press the power button and see this boot up picture hanging again.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
Godzil

You have to learn about ePaper ^^

ePaper have the particularity to does not change when you remove the battery, so it's completly normal that the screen does not blank out.

If it still does not boot correctly, try to redownload the update, in case of the first download failed somewhere
Old 11-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #13
TheSeeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
You have to learn about ePaper ^^

ePaper have the particularity to does not change when you remove the battery, so it's completly normal that the screen does not blank out.

If it still does not boot correctly, try to redownload the update, in case of the first download failed somewhere
unfortunately (or fortunately) the installation was successful twice.

I'll try to downgrade the firmware after fully charging it.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #14
TheSeeR

Well, downgrading the firmware didn't work either. Hell, I dunno what to do next. Will wait for Bookeen answer =(
Old 11-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
Godzil

Hum, where did you get the 2.0 firmware !!!!!

You have a colored Opused and using Public 2.0 firmwre is really a bad thing to do, you may brick your device or render it unusable/unupdatable...

Never, I really say *NEVER* use 2.0 Public Firmware on Opuses "2.0" *NEVER*

Try to redownload the 2.1 from the bookeen website in case of theire have reported corrupted download on the 2.1/1.6 firmware that could brick the device. Please be careful.