Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
gixxermenace
gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.gixxermenace can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: sony prs 505
PRS505 Folder Structure

Am i ok making folders inside of database\media\books and keeping my ebooks in them ?

i.e.

database\media\books\tom clancy\ (a few tom clancy ebooks in here)

also ... does the ebook read slower from an SD card than the internal memory ? if so is it noticable ?
gixxermenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxermenace View Post
Am i ok making folders inside of database\media\books and keeping my ebooks in them ?
It does not matter - the Reader will find e-books in any folder.

Quote:
also ... does the ebook read slower from an SD card than the internal memory ? if so is it noticable ?
It seems to me that internal memory is faster, but I never bothered to measure it.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Like Pepak said the Sony reader will find all ebboks in any folder, list it out in the menu sort by the name. That is one of the reason why plp doesn't use large size memor card on 505.

Ebook store on memory card did not read any slower than main memory (at least not noticeable).
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Nocturno
Nocturno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
is there a way to make the reader read folders?
to separate images.
Nocturno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
It will read them OK, but unfortunately there is no way that I know of to force it to display books/images in a hierarchical structure. The closest thing are the collections, unfortunately.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I believe the tool https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/sonyfmngr will allow you to set the book in a predefined sort order but NOT hierarchical. I read in one of the Chinese forum that someone is trying to hack the F/W to add that kind of support with very limited success.
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote